Charging the remote controller

Reaction score
I am new to Phantom (and this forum - hi, everyone!), but have flown smaller indoors quadcopters before. I bought my first P3P yesterday, and I"m taking it slow, going through all the literature first (OCD rules!). Right out of the box my charger was empty, so I followed the charging instructions.
First lesson: Make sure the connection at the charger port is secure (press terminal firmly enough to go all the way in). The first LED started blinking promptly and I assume it is to indicate charging has begun. But it has been about an hour and still only the one LED is blinking. I would have expected the 2nd LED to start blinking at this point. So, here's the question: How long does it take for the remote controller to charge fully? Thanks!

If this is p3s. I think the remote light should be red when charging. No need to worry about blinking. Once it is fully charged the red light will turn green. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks! I guess I'm used to the smaller toys I've flown before, where the batteries charge much faster (but flight time 5-7 mins). The remote battery has been charging 90 minutes now, and the 2nd LED just came on, blinking. It works!

Yes. My P3P remote takes a long time, too, even when mostly charged, almost an hour. So, please be patient.

And the batteries are similar. If I'm planning to fly it the next day, I charge everything in the evening while watching TV, with two chargers and four batteries.

NO Red light will be blinking & yes White lights will be blink and all solid when done.

I am new to Phantom (and this forum - hi, everyone!), but have flown smaller indoors quadcopters before. I bought my first P3P yesterday, and I"m taking it slow, going through all the literature first (OCD rules!). Right out of the box my charger was empty, so I followed the charging instructions.
First lesson: Make sure the connection at the charger port is secure (press terminal firmly enough to go all the way in). The first LED started blinking promptly and I assume it is to indicate charging has begun. But it has been about an hour and still only the one LED is blinking. I would have expected the 2nd LED to start blinking at this point. So, here's the question: How long does it take for the remote controller to charge fully? Thanks!

You say a P3P .... then you should be asking on the Phantom 3 Professional section ...

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers