P3A Controller charging problem?

Reaction score
I check the charge on my controller and batteries every couple of months and re charge up to the 3rd light during no fly periods.
With my controller switched on the bank of 4 charge indicator lights has the first light solid and the second light flashing, so I decided to re charge, using the oem DJI charger.
I usually charge after turning the controllers / batteries on first.
Whether the controller is on or off, when the charger is turned on, the first solid and second flashing lights turn to a fast flashing first light only.
At first I thought nothing of this and left it to charge, but after about 5 minutes the controller started to beep as well.
I can't find anything in the manual; can anyone please advise what my problem is?

Update: I left the battery on and left it on charge; after a few minutes the controller started to beep again, but when I checked it, the battery is indicating normal charging ( first indicator light is solid white, second flashing). I turned the controller off and it continued to charge but the beeping stopped. I turned the controller back on and again, it continued to charge without the beeping, but after a few minutes the beeping started again. I've now turned the controller off and continued the charge.

Last edited:
I check the charge on my controller and batteries every couple of months and re charge up to the 3rd light during no fly periods.
With my controller switched on the bank of 4 charge indicator lights has the first light solid and the second light flashing, so I decided to re charge, using the oem DJI charger.
I usually charge after turning the controllers / batteries on first.
Whether the controller is on or off, when the charger is turned on, the first solid and second flashing lights turn to a fast flashing first light only.
At first I thought nothing of this and left it to charge, but after about 5 minutes the controller started to beep as well.
I can't find anything in the manual; can anyone please advise what my problem is?

Update: I left the battery on and left it on charge; after a few minutes the controller started to beep again, but when I checked it, the battery is indicating normal charging ( first indicator light is solid white, second flashing). I turned the controller off and it continued to charge but the beeping stopped. I turned the controller back on and again, it continued to charge without the beeping, but after a few minutes the beeping started again. I've now turned the controller off and continued the charge.
i think all the times peep have posted about a beeping rc it was because the rc needed a cal. try that?

The RC will always beep if left on and unattended. It's a reminder that you havent touched a stick or any buttons for 5 minutes. There is no need to turn on the RC when charging, it doesnt have the same circuitry that the AC batteries do (which will charge more fully if powered on before connecting the charger). Leave the RC off while charging.

Reactions: Capt KO
The RC will always beep if left on and unattended. It's a reminder that you havent touched a stick or any buttons for 5 minutes. There is no need to turn on the RC when charging, it doesnt have the same circuitry that the AC batteries do (which will charge more fully if powered on before connecting the charger). Leave the RC off while charging.
i never ever heard of this im gonna try this with mine

Reactions: 3rdof5
Similar thing happened with my phantom 3 4K. Beeping with lights flashing when trying to charge. Solution was to go in and remove the battery, waited about 30 seconds and reconnected. Put it back together and low and behold, problem solved. The only tricky part was disconnecting and reconnecting the ribbon cable. I have big fingers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic