Charge TX whilst in use

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to drones and the P3P.

I recently bought the Phantom 3 Pro on eBay and whilst I'm enjoying learning how to fly etc. I don't like that the tablet is taking a charge from the TX unit which greatly reduces the battery life (~40 minutes).

I use a Samsung Tab A which is quite sizeable but is there a way to not charge the tablet or, better still, charge the TX and the tablet at the same time?

I'd be willing to but something if anyone here can make a recommendation.

Hi I'm new to drones and the P3P.

I recently bought the Phantom 3 Pro on eBay and whilst I'm enjoying learning how to fly etc. I don't like that the tablet is taking a charge from the TX unit which greatly reduces the battery life (~40 minutes).

I use a Samsung Tab A which is quite sizeable but is there a way to not charge the tablet or, better still, charge the TX and the tablet at the same time?
Screenshot_20190518-084511.jpg

I'd be willing to but something if anyone here can make a recommendation.
Might find here when on home screen swipe finger down screen, can tap for other usb options,,mine say at bottom""slow charging"""but I never seen it slow charging when I fly,,yes this p4 not p3p but should have similar settings,,me use tab A 10/1

Not sure if this will help but under Developer Options in Settings, there is an option for USB Configuration (it's quite a way down) this seems to set the default for how the USB port is used. Mine is set to MTP

To get into developer mode go to software and tap the build number 7 times

I fly a P3P and never had any problem about the small amount that passes via cable to my tablet.

I know some have 'opened up' their cable and inserted a Diode to stop it ... but as I say - I've never had any problem.

I fly often and my Controller is only charged rarely compared to flight batterys. What I would suggest is that the tablet is put to flight mode and processes disabled when used, as well as charged before ...

Not sure if this will help but under Developer Options in Settings, there is an option for USB Configuration (it's quite a way down) this seems to set the default for how the USB port is used. Mine is set to MTP

To get into developer mode go to software and tap the build number 7 times
I will try this asap. I've tried changing the power options from the settings to MTP or other and it just disconnects from the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl