Changing your mind

Reaction score
I see posts all the time where someone has ordered a new P3 or similar and decide to cancel because they found one somewhere else. This really doesn't sit well with me. Now, if you had a promise date and they didn't deliver, I can understand. Do some just order from a few places and cancel the ones that can't deliver first? I know people will do this and I don't care for it. I have been in the HVAC business since 1971. I will have people set up a call for service and tell me they have called several other companies also. I will totally disregard them then. Don't waste my **** time. When you make an order or set up a service call...it's like a commitment. When I allot a time for service for a customer, I am commited to that. I will call them only to find out they got lucky and found someone else that could get there sooner. Do they bother to call me and let me know this. Hell NO. They have wasted my time and by thinking they would stand by their commitment, I had to tell someone else I couldn't be there when they wanted. People like that make me sick. There are many here that do exactly that. You have no respect from me at all. So when these people come here and whine about their order...guess what..I don't care. It seems that many think that others have nothing better to do than waste their time on these babies. This does cost time and money. GROW UP!
You can get a pretty good picture of people on this forum by the stupid crap they do and say....and then post it. If I didn't have to see this every day, I would have said nothing. . ,
There are some here I respect. Thank you for that. .

Reactions: sherpa
There is a huge difference between going to a baker and ordering loaf of fresh bread for tomorrow, then you don't show and they have to put that loaf of bread on the shelf with a dozen others, where it sells by noon, and scheduling a block of TIME for service, and cancelling at the last minute. That block of time can't be moved, recycled, or put back on the shelf.
I understand your anger at people who schedule your time then cancel, but you really can't compare that to a physical product that sells like hotcakes and will simply set on the shelf until the next customer comes along moments later. No loss of $$ there.

When a company has a limited supply of units to sell at the time and so many are spoken for because of the placed orders only to having those orders canceled because they found one somewhere else. Now, if they found one somewhere else and immediately cancelled, that's not bad. But many will not cancel until they have received one or just not accept it. Sure the units will sell but having to have it put back into the system for sale again just delays it for others.I see this in my business. I need parts. Someone calls the parts house, places an order for a bunch of stuff. Now it's not available to me although it's there. The person who placed the order never picks it up.So I couldn't get a product because it was spoken for. It just sat in limbo. .

Ya and for every person that cancels an order for a p3 then there is that one other person that will be able to get there hands on the bird aster when its in stock and ready to ship and not have to wait in line as long when some one else in line before the steps out of the line.

Ya and for every person that cancels an order for a p3 then there is that one other person that will be able to get there hands on the bird aster when its in stock and ready to ship and not have to wait in line as long when some one else in line before the steps out of the line.
Sorry, I couldn't make sense of your post

That what drinking to much does to some folks!!

I guess so. Misspelled words and lack of sentence structure doesn't help either. It shouldn't be this hard.

Stick it grumpy!!

I thought we were giving some leeway to folks who don't write perfect English.
This is an International site, isn't it?

Anyway, I think this is what J.James was trying to say.
Whenever a customer cancels an order for the P3, there is another customer who will be served sooner.

I see good points made on both sides, at least the "on topic" posts. Monte55 is the most correct in my mind though. Whether it's time or product does make a difference, but the act of breaking a commitment is still the same. No respect for the whiners from me either.

I thought we were giving some leeway to folks who don't write perfect English.
This is an International site, isn't it?

Anyway, I think this is what J.James was trying to say.
Whenever a customer cancels an order for the P3, there is another customer who will be served sooner.

I see good points made on both sides, at least the "on topic" posts. Monte55 is the most correct in my mind though. Whether it's time or product does make a difference, but the act of breaking a commitment is still the same. No respect for the whiners from me either.
If a person doesn't speak as you call it"perfect English"..that's not a big deal. BUT, If I can not understand them or their thought, what more can I do?

Lets say a dealer has 10 units to sell. Let's also say 5 of those units are spoken for so they can't be sold to someone else. Then 3 or 4 of those orders are canceled because they found one elsewhere.. Since most of this has been pre-order and people have to wait a long time to get their orders let alone confirmation of any shipment...this means that some canceled orders from those that ordered from a few companies held up sales for other people. This is not an instant process as the dealer may not find out about the canceled order for some time and then has to put in back into system for sale again only for some buyers to have moved on trying to find one.
Another thing..I guess if you are part of the management of the forum, you can be rude and nothing should be said. I have seen this as well..

Maybe some people just arnt as good at reading comprehension as others. and have too rigid at expecting that every one else. Should say things in a manner that they can comprehend when others seem to be able to not have any problem understanding some so basic and easy to comprehend.

But any way when it comes to an on the shelf item some one canceling is not to much different then when someone is a in a brick and mortar store and puts an item in there shopping cart. Then before checking out decides to put it back on the shelf.. Esp if its a really hot item and there are only a few left. Then some one else is going to be able to luck out and get one before they are all gone.

Tho I can relate to some one scheduling work then flaking out and not even letting you know in advance before they go and have someone else do the work. Or if some one orders a custom made item and then dont want it when the item is ready. I've had both of them things happen to me and that is way not cool.

But its also why I dont built custom things for people with out them either paying for it first or atleast putting a good deposit down.

Tho some times when I do computer and network jobs and the customer flakes out It works out great. Being most of the jobs out out sourced threw a work source agency and If I get sent on a job and the customer is there or even if the parts are not there or whats known as site not ready I get paid in full anyway.
And also get to get paid again when things are ready and have to go back to do the work. lol I even had a big out of town job a few months ago to do some work at some tj max stores and had to be out of town in anther state for a few days to complete the jobs and it was awesome that 3 out of the 4 stores all were site not ready. Cause some one screwed up really bad and sent all the stuff we were supposed to install all to the wrong job sites. But we got paid in full any way and didnt even have to do any thing and also were able to have other work that was local to were we were thrown our way sense we were in the area already So we got paid even more. Then ha ha 2 weeks later we got sent back to do the jobs again and freaking the same thing happened. But that time we just went back the hotel and got some beer and got to chill all day and got paid. Only to have to have us come back a 3rd time. I almost wish it could happen more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic