Changing receiver

plingboot said:
Nothing more complicated than that

For the benefit of the community, would you mind documenting how it is set up, procedures you've carried out to get it working and maybe a few photos so others can see how you got it setup? That would be great ;-)

Here are three pictures showing the installation. Should be reasonably obvious as to what's going on.

Once connected to the Phantom 2 Assistant, you will need to calibrate the control channels and X1, but after that everything should work flawlessly.

The only addition i have to this is a Flytrex tracker.

Attachments

• phantom2_jeti_01.jpg
    phantom2_jeti_01.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 871
  • phantom2_jeti_02.jpg
    phantom2_jeti_02.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 850
  • phantom2_jeti_03.jpg
    phantom2_jeti_03.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 762
Nice. Thanks for that. It's crucial to do a calibration of the sticks and buttons when the stock receiver has been replaced. For me, the Phantom told me all wasn't well by flashing red until I'd calibrated.

Glad I found this thread. I have been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out why I couldnt get my dx8 connected with ar8000. I wouldnt have purchased P2 had I known. I watched plenty of videos of people changing them, BUT on phantom 1, and couldnt find anything on P2. There are plenty of non-newbs out there that don't know this either because I have talked with many who trouble shooting it with me knowing it's a P2 non-vision.

The madness!!

plingboot said:
i've contacted my reseller, dji-europe and dji-china.

i've had no response from DJI whatsoever and my reseller isn't in a position to help mach.

I've ordered a futaba SBE-1 sbus adaptor as potential solution - until DJI fixes this issue.

It's not arrived yet so i can't say whether it works or not.

the whole thing is so bloody frustrating. :(
Are you sure the Futaba receiver will work with what you are doing. It has been a well known fact that a Futaba receiver works with only a Futaba transmitter, this was a problem we had when flying helie's and plank's they would very often work with other equipment as the make their radio's for themselves, I was thinking on the same line's as you to put an S-bus receiver with Spectrum and was told it would not work as all the new Futaba is now made on a different 2.4freq. I know that the shop would not give me a load of bull as we have been friend's for over 25yrs, all I can say is ask around to people that have been in R/C for quite a few years and see what is said.

plingboot said:
You just need the futaba SBE-1 adaptor.
Doe's this adaptor work on all radio's. I use a JR radio and not seen anything to fit, this is the first I have heard of anything like this, where did you get the part's, then I can fit to one of my F/Wheel 550.

chopperflyer said:
plingboot said:
Doe's this adaptor work on all radio's. I use a JR radio and not seen anything to fit, this is the first I have heard of anything like this, where did you get the part's, then I can fit to one of my F/Wheel 550.

Google it, lots of UK heli model shop carry it. I got mine from kingslynnmodels.

plingboot said:

I tried this with DX8 and SBE-1 adaptor. All seems to be good except the motors don't spin fast enough even at full throttle to lift off. Any ideas? Thanks

Ok figured out the problem! On DX8 I originally used the channel numbers 1-8 in the order that I saw on the manual. I noticed in the PH2 assistant software that my sticks did not match the correct ones. So here is what I came up with to make it work:
DX8 Receiver SBE-1
T 3
A 1
E 2
R 4
Gear 6
Aux 1 9
Aux 2 7
Aux 3 5

This worked for me and I have full control of Zenmuse Gimbal via Aux 3 nob.

Hope this helps.

av1pro said:
Ok figured out the problem! On DX8 I originally used the channel numbers 1-8 in the order that I saw on the manual. I noticed in the PH2 assistant software that my sticks did not match the correct ones. So here is what I came up with to make it work:
DX8 Receiver SBE-1
T 3
A 1
E 2
R 4
Gear 6
Aux 1 9
Aux 2 7
Aux 3 5

This worked for me and I have full control of Zenmuse Gimbal via Aux 3 nob.

Hope this helps.

I just got the SBE and hooked it up to my AR8000 and DX9. Receiver binds and I've changed my channel assignments to what you have posted above. When I go into the Phantom assistant it automatically puts me into failsafe mode. My stick inputs dont even register on the monitor. Any ideas? Thanks

Why can't you just use traditional on the phantom 2 and use seperate servo leads for each channel? I have a range link RX set up that way on a NASA v1 that way. Not as nice as one wire, but it would seem to be lighter than a converter

Hi Liqrsicc, I have the same setup as you (DX9; AR8000; SBE) and channel assignments. However, my P2 motor don't run. Do you have this problem?

For anyone else using Jeti radios, you can get a direct S.Bus converter from here:
http://www.rconix.com/products/slinke

Compared to a Futaba SBE-1 PWM converter, it is less expensive, much smaller and lighter, only requires a single wire from the receiver, provides all 16 channels, and has less latency.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj