Change Ribbon cable

hsp

Reaction score
At You tub video start mount at Camera this is not The best way.
Look at ATK Phantom repair Web site US they start at Gimbal Board.
Most tricky tod-o at You tub way is to mount at Gimbal board.
Use the broken cable to be good to mount it safe and use a pin with soft top to press on cable in corner.
If original glue been dry use spray glue at another pin at actual place to get adhesive mount at parts.
Don´t forget to lock cable in slot some video only put it in and you don´t now if it open or locket (you have to open and if you have thread lock glue soft not permanent use it.)

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Use the broken cable to be good to mount it safe and use a pin with soft top to press on cable in corner.
If original glue been dry use spray glue at another pin at actual place to get adhesive mount at parts.
Don´t forget to lock cable in slot some video only put it in and you don´t now if it open or locket (you have to open and if you have thread lock glue soft not permanent use it.)
Hi, very hard to understand.. But from what I understood I agree to start from gimbal board. Starting from camera means uh that you have to push the ribbon into one of the connectors without release the clip. This can result in damage to the ribbon. Normally to get to this connector the camera needs to come off.

I believe you understand correctly. Replacing a camera/gimbal ribbon cable can be tricky but with patience, YouTube and taking photos of how the old one comes off will make the job much easier. So far, I've never had to replace the ribbon on a Phantom but did on my old Xiro Xplorer V which required the ribbon cable to coil around to a "spring" at one of the motor axis "joints". This was to give the cable some slack so there was no strain on it from the side to side motion of the camera. There was no info anywhere on how many coil loops to make but, fortunately, I had taken a photo of that area and was able to nail the install on first try.

I believe you understand correctly. Replacing a camera/gimbal ribbon cable can be tricky but with patience, YouTube and taking photos of how the old one comes off will make the job much easier. So far, I've never had to replace the ribbon on a Phantom but did on my old Xiro Xplorer V which required the ribbon cable to coil around to a "spring" at one of the motor axis "joints". This was to give the cable some slack so there was no strain on it from the side to side motion of the camera. There was no info anywhere on how many coil loops to make but, fortunately, I had taken a photo of that area and was able to nail the install on first try.
Actually changing the ribbon in a phantom is also reasonably simple imo. I start from the mainboard end and follow it around. The hardest part is to roll the ribbon beneath itself around the camera. However, it’s not that difficult once you understand how to do it. Also really important to make sure the adhesive makes good contact with the gimbal so it doesn’t come apart as you progress. If I have to I use a tiny bit of electrical tape to hold part of the tape in place. I use electrical tape as it isn’t very “sticky” and able to recover easily when I’m finished.

Where is the best place to purchase a ribbon cable for a phantom 3 se. having a hard time finding one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.