Ce mode into fcc mode

Reaction score
Hi guys after suffering my flyaway p3s I've bought another now and I'm looking for a way to enter it into fcc mode
I'm in the uk so my question is there anyway it can be put into fcc mode without hacking the firmware.
I've read a few posts that used modded versions of dji go but these now seem to have either gone or been patched up so you cant use them anymore

Other than move over here I know of none.

For Ph3 Std?
The transmitter there works on generic Wifi chip, also runs Linux. Increasing the power is one simple command in th Linux shell.

There are multiple tools which do that, though I would make the change manually, only looking at a tool as reference.
I remember looking at these at some point, and the tools had completely no error support - if something went wrong, they could brick the transmitter.

For Ph3 Std?
The transmitter there works on generic Wifi chip, also runs Linux. Increasing the power is one simple command in th Linux shell.

There are multiple tools which do that, though I would make the change manually, only looking at a tool as reference.
I remember looking at these at some point, and the tools had completely no error support - if something went wrong, they could brick the transmitter.
Well if you know of a way tell him. I don’t know of any way
other than hacking and I don’t do that.
I can’t remember anything other than the screw in the back
of P2 controllers where you could change from CE to FCC.

Hi guys after suffering my flyaway p3s I've bought another now and I'm looking for a way to enter it into fcc mode
I'm in the uk so my question is there anyway it can be put into fcc mode without hacking the firmware.
I've read a few posts that used modded versions of dji go but these now seem to have either gone or been patched up so you cant use them anymore
Ok here's couple posts,,bottom says there a fake GPS app that will allow a change,unsure of which app does this,,you will have to see what's available in app store..........this is for p3s
Screenshot_20200331-092024_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200331-092113_Chrome.jpg

Just had quick look in mine,,there are many apps with fake gps and location change apps
Screenshot_20200331-092937_Google Play Store.jpg

Kinda strange with all the mess DJI is having with all these new guidelines they would post a way to do it. Go figure.
Wanda did kinda covered her butt though . :D

To be honest I had no idea these sorts of apps existed,,almost sounds like trouble ?
And be careful Baz,,dont lose anymore ay ☠

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know of any way other than hacking and I don’t do that.

We may have a different definition of 'hacking'.

For me, it's a matter of intent. If you want to switch CE to FCC in a country where law only allows CE emissions, that's hacking. No matter whether you use an app, screwdriver, modify parameter in Linux network configuration, or change assembly code in firmware - that's all hacking.

The transmission power parameter in P3 Std is a normal configuration item, exposed to user space by Wifi drivers. Meaning - it's a simple option which the OS gives you. Every linux admin knows how to change that. If you make the 'is hacking' determination only looking at the action you take - this is the same level of hacking as when you connect to Wifi using "Network connections" list from Windows.

I was a screwdriver hacker as well.
(Sorry for stealing the thread)

I was a screwdriver hacker as well.
(Sorry for stealing the thread)
[/QUOTE]
Lol when I hack something I use a big hammer ?

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod
Let me say something on my comment on hacking. I am a modder or was with my Phantoms but don’t need to with my
Mavics. You can see I added panels to all my Phantoms for
added distance. Hacking to me is using like NLD to bypass
height restrictions, flying in NFZ’s and such. Was a big thing
in the Mavic forum when it started and had to deal with all
the threads. Some take advantage of...hacking firmware...
to do just that some do it for other reasons.
Where I live I don’t need to.
The forums stance on it is this if you haven’t read it
16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.
It isn’t here like it is in Mavic.
Just saying .

Hmm the fake gps may work but would show your map as the fake position I would have thought.
Linux I have no idea about changing anything in there.
On my old p1 fc40 it was just a screw on the rear
Now I used the magic power before and seemed to get a longer range from it both camera and tx but rather than magic it to the standard settings I changed it to us and upped the tx power .
Any thoughts
What's your thoughts

Hmm the fake gps may work but would show your map as the fake position I would have thought.
Linux I have no idea about changing anything in there.
On my old p1 fc40 it was just a screw on the rear
Now I used the magic power before and seemed to get a longer range from it both camera and tx but rather than magic it to the standard settings I changed it to us and upped the tx power .
Any thoughts
What's your thoughts
Ok my opinion would be to get a panel can get but you will need to order the full kit that's panel and anttenna wires,,this pic just show panel and our high currency dollar at this time so be cheaper where you are.....my p3s just has cheap argtec mod with not much result but after having one on p4 for couples years I swear by it,,,when I rich I get my p3s one,,,good range good transmission makes good flights,,have search around and your sure to find something,,,,,ps,,my p3s was totally crap before now it gets to the 1km easy,,,,in saying that some are issue free but some have issues.......I also agree it's better to mod remote than to use anything else,,it sort of saves your butt should something happen
Screenshot_20200331-132725_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah I looked at those antenna packs and they all seem to get poor reviews and I dont think people rate them .
Going back to magic power does it alter the handset software or the drone or both and is it possible that the flyaway was a result of the magic power being applied to my last drone

I been modding Phantoms since i started as far as antennas and researching/watching all in here try differant ones. Can't say on that magic power as i never needed it but as far as whatever you read on itelite panels here is my review.
IMG_9267.jpg

3 different drones.

Use magic powers mod in the UK it will make CE mode turn to FCC mode I have experience with magic powers also it makes your Video transmission signal stronger from 20Dbm to 27Dbm

Reactions: Baz greenwood

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan