Catastrophic power failure and crash

Reaction score
Here was another really really bad shoot. Doing aerials of the house. Fresh, new battery with 86% power. I was looking at my Black Pearl/AVL FPV to make sure I was getting the shots when the screen went to solid snow. I looked up to see the Phantom 2 falling like a rock. A total loss of power, not just a hard landing but literally a total and complete catastrophic power failure. It smashed into pieces on the golf course. Not one propeller was on the phantom. I had to walk in about a 25 yard circle picking up parts that got thrown off. It cracked the body, smashed my H3-3D gimbal, smashed the H3. It was interesting, the only images on the card were images after the crash, and the video. You can hear the buzzing of the motors and they just cut off.

I went to DJI with the video and the explanation and they just said "Sorry" and that was it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

****, that sucks. How old, what version etc?

Nice house.

Been there seen that! P2V+V3. Nothing you can do when it happens other than watch in complete disbelief! DJI will never admit to a problem....

Wow. You can see it in the video. No LED lights and no props! :eek:

Contact DJI. Show them the video and demand they replace it. Don't give up. Keep after them. Contact Tahoe Ed on rcgroups.com.

Wow. You can see it in the video. No LED lights and no props! :eek:

Contact DJI. Show them the video and demand they replace it. Don't give up. Keep after them. Contact Tahoe Ed on rcgroups.com.
Thanks. I will give it a try

Same thing happen to me , still scratching my head . I was gaining alt and the bird flipped lost power at 125. feet ,, Crashed ,,, 200.00 later I'm back in the air But skidish about flying to high and populated areas for now . I don't trust my bird at this point ... Hope you narrow it down to what caused the crash .

Hope you get a good outcome from DJI. I understand and feel your pain.

I crashed my Phantom 2 NV version 1 after nearly a year of successful flights, but totally my fault. Still melancholy over the damage to the Phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.