CASE THAT WILL FIT RANGE MAXX EXTERNER W/REMOTE AS WELL

I have the procraft backpack and it fits fine.
I second that! It has lots of storage and customizable pockets. Should be future proof as long as the phantom series stays somewhat the same shape.

Oh I saw the pic and it looks really good but screwing and unscrewing these cables few times a day is just going to eventually cause an issue with the internal thin cables at the solder joint. Otherwise that would be the perfect case for it.

Honestly I made this case fit the panel, with the Bracket ON IT! So I just snap it on to the remote, and screw the two cables in and poof it's done!

Cutting foam was easy, but measuring and making it look factory was hard.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Oh I saw the pic and it looks really good but screwing and unscrewing these cables few times a day is just going to eventually cause an issue with the internal thin cables at the solder joint. Otherwise that would be the perfect case for it.

It's really not a huge deal. I put the antenna on, then screw the cables on with my thumbs... I keep a 8mm wrench in my case to snug them slightly.

Jake, are you aware of any case that fits the RC moded with maxx panel without taking them apart

That is a tough one. I haven't seen one as of yet. I have some ideas on how it would work, but I don't know if I could get a manufacturer to make them as I'm sure the demand is low.

Yea, I suppose you are right, as long add the internal wires and the posts are snug, they shouldn't really move much if I don't crank them too tight. My issue is trying to fit 5 lb of poop in a 1 pound bag!!
Do you still have the case or did you sell it

It's really not a huge deal. I put the antenna on, then screw the cables on with my thumbs... I keep a 8mm wrench in my case to snug them slightly.

I don't think you'll find a hard shell backpack that holds the Itelite antenna installed on the RC.

Hey I'll settle for any case, doesn't have to be a back pack! I think I'm stuck with what I have
Big *** duffel bag for the moded RC, moded batteries, external batteries, the secraft RC tray and the device holder, the hoodman visor, and poop load more poop!!!

2fe096571fc175f11af7ed8f136ee502.jpg

Playboz, is this the antenna in the photo the one you're using, the Itelite antenna? If so, the Pro Craft and Think Tank Helipak backpacks will work fine. I haven't found any others that have the capacity to hold the Itelite setup while installed on the RC. The Polar Pro Trekker won't work, too small.

Yea, I suppose you are right, as long add the internal wires and the posts are snug, they shouldn't really move much if I don't crank them too tight. My issue is trying to fit 5 lb of poop in a 1 pound bag!!
Do you still have the case or did you sell it

I still have it. I'm going to wait to sell it until I get my Inspire

You don't want to leave the big antenna on, in a bag. It's going to cause more harm than good!

You don't want to leave the big antenna on, in a bag. It's going to cause more harm than good!

Oh you should see the duffel bag, it weighs a ton and I used the foam pads to secure the rc in the tx tray and the panel. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just looked at my pro craft case and the maxx range antenna. You ain't getting that thing in any case attached to controller. There's just no way

Reactions: ray rokni
Hey John, in your picture, if I was to take out the batteries and lay the RC flat on its bottom with the maxx front pointing towards the p4, first of all does the RC fit in that way? Do you see what I'm trying to say? The panel would be sitting attached to the RC width wise in the case.

Btw: I don't have the amps on the bottom of the RC. I have them all Velcroed to the back of the panel

Thx

Playboz, is this the antenna in the photo the one you're using, the Itelite antenna? If so, the Pro Craft and Think Tank Helipak backpacks will work fine. I haven't found any others that have the capacity to hold the Itelite setup while installed on the RC. The Polar Pro Trekker won't work, too small.

Ya I have that itelite mod. Thanks for your advice. Just wish I could get a hard shell like that.

I just looked at my pro craft case and the maxx range antenna. You ain't getting that thing in any case attached to controller. There's just no way

I might have gotten the 2 names confused. Is that the same as the itelite?

Yes, the PRO Craft will work for that, $129, I have one for my P3. However I like my Think Tank Helipak better, $200, used with my P4. It will hold the Itelite antenna the same way, but the materials are better, extra handle, firmer construction, and slightly smaller exterior dimensions for airline carry on convenience.

Can you show me a picture of how it looks in your thinktank with remote inside as well please?

Thanks

Yup thats the one!

I have the same set-up, why don't you guys consider buying a slightly bigger, depper Pelican case that would house all the equipment and just do custom cutouts and it will look a lot better. I'm considering that now myself....

Reactions: geejdee
I have the same set-up, why don't you guys consider buying a slightly bigger, depper Pelican case that would house all the equipment and just do custom cutouts and it will look a lot better. I'm considering that now myself....
its a lot of money to invest and I'm afraid that if I mess up the cutouts on foam it will be trash. I'd be happy to buy one pre-cut.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik