Carry it away.

Reaction score
Just wondering how much weight anyone has ever lifted with their drone. Say a video of a drone scooping down and picking up a bicycle, and flying away.
What has, or does anyone think they could lift. Up...up...and away.
And what would yòu use to grab it?
I was going to.put a coat hanger on my drone with a long white shirt and fly it around the neighborhood for Halloween. Unfortunatly it was raining. Maybe it was fortunate it was raining.

Just wondering how much weight anyone has ever lifted with their drone. Say a video of a drone scooping down and picking up a bicycle, and flying away.
What has, or does anyone think they could lift. Up...up...and away.
And what would yòu use to grab it?
I was going to.put a coat hanger on my drone with a long white shirt and fly it around the neighborhood for Halloween. Unfortunatly it was raining. Maybe it was fortunate it was raining.
Sounds like fun , they do sell proper device for dropping with the p4 but the balance and weight might be a issue,, I tryed with some big water balloons and nearly throw myself out the sky,needs to have perfect balance picking up anything so a rushed pick up will end bad,also on take off with weight even a kilo will make motors work extremely hard which sounds terrible ,could also cause unnecessary stress cracks or catastrophic end,,there's few clips about of people carring stuff but don't belive what you see,,for example,,a dog,drone can't pick up big dog and fly off,have fun though sounds good if you can pull something off,,post some pics,,one thing with clips people post you can't hear the motors going crazy,,try lift something carefully and find out what it does,,,,ps,,give yourself some extra wire so you get to lift off before trying to pic up weight,,that way you have more control,,lift straight off the ground will make drone yaw uncontrollable which result in tip over or crash....also add anything picked up will start swinging so prepare to react

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
This give you some idea how they set up,,,,cheap or expensive
Screenshot_20181125-102104.jpg
Screenshot_20181125-102035.jpg

I was thinking. Some kind of basket under the camera. Holding a water balloon. A pin attached to the camera. When you tilt the camera down, pops the balloon. And splash.
Wonder what would happen. Sudden weight change. And the splash of water on the camera gimbal wouldn't be great.
If anyone feels like trying it out let me know how it works. I'm to chicken.

Chris

Wouldn't the shirt be blown down with the props blowing down. Or is there updraft. I want to try this.

Wouldn't the shirt be blown down with the props blowing down. Or is there updraft. I want to try this.
Remember that you have 4 props blowing down. The shirt will be all over the place and when you fly forward, you will have a 5th wind source hitting the shirt. If you try it, please record it and post it here.

I have been looking at Bait droppers for the P3 and most are saying upto 1kg (2lb for USA) the only thing holding me back

THE Cost at upto 100$ delivered to UK (remember most postage is bad from Us to UK and Oz is even more

I attached one of the very light weight ghosts with 10 feet of fishing line at Halloween. got some funny looks from the kids and parents.

Has anyone tried this.
Top RaceDrone Clip Remote Control Object Launcher
Would attach it to the bottom of the gimble guard. And with extended landing gear, should work without issues....maybe.
It's a little light only 7oz, but cheapish.

The Race Drone Clip worked fine for me up to 250 feet. The FliFli cargo drop goes much further but cost more. No need for extended landing gear. I leave some distance from the prop wash and prefer to drop the cargo before landing to avoid getting the line in the props or if I get into a death wobble. .

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor