Carlsbad/ Vista /San Marcos

Be careful of the McClellen/Palomar airport (KCRQ), which has Class D airspace that extends horizontally to the beach and a bit off-shore. Further north up the coast, you'll be in restricted airspace of Camp Pendleton. Further south, there are cautions of hot-air balloons and gliders. Finally, always check local ordinances about operating RC vehicles (terrestrial and airborne).

Be careful of the McClellen/Palomar airport (KCRQ), which has Class D airspace that extends horizontally to the beach and a bit off-shore. Further north up the coast, you'll be in restricted airspace of Camp Pendleton. Further south, there are cautions of hot-air balloons and gliders. Finally, always check local ordinances about operating RC vehicles (terrestrial and airborne).
Thanks for the information!

You might look at flying Julian, somewhat nearby, about an hour drive from San Marcos. That's an area I've been planning to visit with the right weather and air quality. There's a mountain top 1100' above Julian that if you look East from the top you can see the Salton Sea, and if you look West you can see the Ocean. This is based on my assessment with Google 3D maps, which is usually pretty accurate. Sometime between now and Jan 1st I'll be flying that mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj