Visiting San Deigo CA, Scenic spot? Help please

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My name is Allan and I just joined in to this forum, I live in Orange County California near Disneyland, yes I live in a busy city and struggle to find locations to fly, I am also AMA member, I used to fly Helis for years...

Anyway, I am visiting San Diego this weekend, I do now know the drone laws there, could someone please tell me where I can fly drone with no hassles in a scenic spot, I am planning to go to Lajolla , is it legal to fly there? or any great spot to fly , beaches and stuff, please be specific on where to park and take off. Thank you guys so much in advance.

Allan

Check the B4uFly / AirMap.io. A ton of that area has a lot of controlled airspace, so you'd need to call the appropriate towers and airports.

Here's a quick look from airmap.io

9WMSpmh.png

San Diego, from my understanding, is effectively a NFZ due to the military base and San Diego airport adjacent the city... I visited San Diego about 2 months ago and left my drone at home for this reason

image.png
i was in san diego last weekend for work and thought about taking mine as well. im glad i didnt because after looking at the maps- there isnt much space out there where it is allowed. i dont even think you would get approval. you have way too much air traffic around there.
good luck.

If you head east on the 8 there are some beautiful hilly places to fly. San Diego city is pretty well socked in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ok, to all of you guys who responded, Thank you so much, I guess my drone will stay home. it would be nice though capture the beauty of san diego coastine.

Thanks

It would be a great sight to fly over the harbor towards downtown. I took the harbor dinner cruise and the skyline was awesome. Maybe one day- after all the focus is off drones and onto the next topic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20