Carbon propellers

I've been using carbon for over a year. When I first installed them I did notice some benefits but they are louder. I use my P3P as a commercial drone operator. If you've got the cash, probably not any issue, if you have a better place to spend it you should do so.

Reactions: Digdat0
Suggest that you go to YouTube video. There are a number of videos on the subject. I used "Props carbon vs plastic" in my search and several specific to Phantoms cam up.

hahaha that pic made me laugh! it looks photoshopped, but im sure its not! :)

there are alot of long range guys flying with non-DJI props, many have reported a few additional minutes of flight time as a result of just the props.

For OP, i played with Xoar wooden props for a while. I loved them until i tipped over on a takeoff due to bad wind and they shattered. Here's more detail:
Xoar Beechwood Propellers Review / Details (Pics, Video's, Logs, Weight)
If non DJI props proved to be better than DJI ones, you would imagine that DJI would copy them and use them as OEM. A few minutes on a flight is a 10% improvement, that's massive, DJI would copy it in a flash. If DJI or anyone else could get 10% more flight time, when it's one of the major incentives to buy one model over the other, they would be all over it like a rash. The statement 'Now the P4 will fly for over 30 minutes' would sell more than a few Phantoms for DJI. I'll be sticking with what they give us..

I had picked up a set from ebay tried it on my P3a and it flow fine no problems . Then I put them on my P2v+ and I could not control the drone and very poor lift. I never could figure why it worked on the P3a but not on the P2v+

I have been Flying DJI 9450 CF props for about a year and love them. They seem a little quiter and the bird seems to react a taste faster.

Msvet

Are carbon propellers worth buying for the P3 Pro? Other than the supposed strength is there any other reason? Thank you!

I purchased 3 blade full carbon fiber blades/fans on Amazon from seller (Drone Fans) for $12.22 a pair for a total of $24.44 w/free shipping. They are great, perfectly balanced, polished to a mirror finish and improved the performance of my P3 Pro. That was easily noticed and they also made it a lot quieter, almost like your in stealth mode.

I have been Flying DJI 9450 CF props for about a year and love them. They seem a little quiter and the bird seems to react a taste faster.

Msvet
In my unscientific test yesterday, I compared the DJI CF props to OE and I agree the CF seem more responsive, but if anything are louder than the OE props. The noise may be subjective though. They are definitely different sounding, but the volume could be based on my selective frequency hearing loss (old age) :(

I've had carbon props for a few flights now (genuine DJI) and my personal experience is that that they are much more responsive than plastic. Especially noticeable on lift. I would recommend but like me, get genuine DJI.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I agree totally. To get a faster response by using Carbon Fiber blades will possibly just add to the stress on the arms of the Phantom. I remember plenty of threads about the arms cracking around the motors on Phantoms so why would anyone want to add to the stress on the Phantom? It just doesn't make any sense to me to add stress and create more cracks when you don't have to.

We talked about backing off the braking capabilities of these quad copters to make the responses a little less abrupt. Adding carbon fiber props will simply add to that stress and require an even softer adjustment to the flight controls.

Just my 2 cents.

Bud

What ever you decide stick with OEM, your bird will respond quicker and that will induce more stress in your bird, do you really want higher stress loads in your craft? Faster response has a price.

The primary reason I am using 3 blade carbon fiber blades is in Florida during the winter it is usually a little windy and with both the extra blade and being made of carbon fiber I have much better performance especially when hovering, they will put greater stress on your air frame if you fly like a nut but that is not true in my case. Therefore I'm not overly concerned about anything cracking, I fly my Phantom 3 Pro. With a light touch. If your blades make more noise them they are not balanced well and you should have a prop. Balancer if you want stable video and less noise.

As for staying with just DJI parts I say that is a personal choice, but you can get some great additions for your phantom. I have 2 P3P's and a racing drone that I can get my need for speed fix. Basically use what you want, but damage to your drone comes from your style of flying and how many times you plant it into the ground Etc.....

As for staying with just DJI parts I say that is a personal choice, but you can get some great additions for your phantom. I have 2 P3P's and a racing drone that I can get my need for speed fix. Basically use what you want, but damage to your drone comes from your style of flying and how many times you plant it into the ground Etc.....
I'd like to see your three blade set up . How long of a hover test are you getting just wandering. Thanks

I purchased 3 blade full carbon fiber blades/fans on Amazon from seller (Drone Fans) for $12.22 a pair for a total of $24.44 w/free shipping. They are great, perfectly balanced, polished to a mirror finish and improved the performance of my P3 Pro. That was easily noticed and they also made it a lot quieter, almost like your in stealth mode.

hey man, any chance you can post a video and a link to the props? all other cases i've heard of tri-props on p3 resulted in crash, maybe you found a good match! can you share some more info? that would be great, would love to see a video of it taking off with these props.

The primary reason I am using 3 blade carbon fiber blades is in Florida during the winter it is usually a little windy and with both the extra blade and being made of carbon fiber I have much better performance especially when hovering, they will put greater stress on your air frame if you fly like a nut but that is not true in my case. Therefore I'm not overly concerned about anything cracking, I fly my Phantom 3 Pro. With a light touch. If your blades make more noise them they are not balanced well and you should have a prop. Balancer if you want stable video and less noise.
David
I agree with your prop balancer recommendation. I've balanced all my props. The DJI CF's are similar sounding to OE. Your 3 blade props could easily be quieter if they spin slower. If fact that would be a great experiment to check the rpm at hover from the internal flight log. You could even just put one of the other type on and see what RPM it needs from that motor to maintain balance.
Let us know

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj