Reaction score
I have recently been testing the variables between Carbon Fiber props and Plastic props. I have come to the conclusion that the Carbon Fiber props are better for experienced users. I am just looking for other peoples opinions and possibly some recommendations for good CF props.
I am using this as my source material for my information.

If anyone else has some statistics or test materials in relation to the differences, please feel free to share your opinions and brand names related to the props. Both sides of the argument are welcome, as I know there are a lot of people that do not favor carbon fibre props at all.

Carbon Fibre Props or Plastic?

It appears that your information source isn't very good.
The flexibility of the plastic props keeps things smoother because the flex of the props acts as a shock absorber.
CF props being stiffer, will transfer any vibrations through the drone.
The note about balance is also opposite of most reports, there's no issue with the balance of DJI props.

I'm still waiting to see any testing that shows an actual performance improvement from using CF props.

It appears that your information source isn't very good.
The flexibility of the plastic props keeps things smoother because the flex of the props acts as a shock absorber.
CF props being stiffer, will transfer any vibrations through the drone.
The note about balance is also opposite of most reports, there's no issue with the balance of DJI props.

I'm still waiting to see any testing that shows an actual performance improvement from using CF props.
I thought and posted same, but I was corrected in this post: Plastic or Carbon

I have recently been testing the variables between Carbon Fiber props and Plastic props. I have come to the conclusion that the Carbon Fiber props are better for experienced users. I am just looking for other peoples opinions and possibly some recommendations for good CF props.
I am using this as my source material for my information.

If anyone else has some statistics or test materials in relation to the differences, please feel free to share your opinions and brand names related to the props. Both sides of the argument are welcome, as I know there are a lot of people that do not favor carbon fibre props at all.

What variables have you tested and with which props?

...I'm using this as my source material

I suspect you wrote that blog post - you are your own source. Aren't you from Jakarta? There are no facts/empirical data in that post, only opinion. But hey, you got me to click. Google will be none the wiser and your SEO will slowly improve :)

I suspect you wrote that blog post - you are your own source. Aren't you from Jakarta? There are no facts/empirical data in that post, only opinion. But hey, you got me to click. Google will be none the wiser and your SEO will slowly improve :)
I hadn’t clicked the link untill now but agree, there is nothing in it of any technical value. The props pictured seem like RC Heli tail rotor blades, LOL.

Subject has been beat to death and there are a _ton_ of videos out where people have actually _test_ both. Conclusion, CF looks cool... but are no better than plastic. Your link is to a webpage where someone shows someone making a CF prop for a Mavic (does not apply to this forum) and a simply list with nothing to back it up in anyway.

Again, if anyone takes a quick look on this subject they _will_ find that CF add no performance improvements.

Subject has been beat to death and there are a _ton_ of videos out where people have actually _test_ both. Conclusion, CF looks cool... but are no better than plastic. Your link is to a webpage where someone shows someone making a CF prop for a Mavic (does not apply to this forum) and a simply list with nothing to back it up in anyway.

Again, if anyone takes a quick look on this subject they _will_ find that CF add no performance improvements.
Subject hasn't been 'beat to death' but TS starts a topic without any proof and just send people to his own blog. If you have a claim then there are some substantiation desirable.

Can anybody help please. I need a p3s gimbal motherboard. My craft is in a million pieces, so I can't send it away to be repaired!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj