Carbon Fiber vs Stock Props?

Reaction score
What do you guys prefer? I will be using my P1 with a GoPro and and Gimbal. I hear the carbon fiber help a bit with battery life as give slightly more boost. However I also read the carbon fiber can break easier than the stock.

On a side note...I also read that using 9 inch props (I believe P2 props) will also help with boost...is this true and do any of you use them?

I am looking at getting these pros to try out before I invest in more expensive props

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251481829026?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Use the mfg's. recommended props.

The consensus seems to be that in the case of Phantom props, the knock offs are not as good as OEM.

People don't understand the proper matching of motors, props, batteries, and all-up weight.

If cost is your primary metric than... you get what you pay for.

So far sounds like great information. You got the smart ones helping you, until now.

Carbon fiber props cut flesh better than a steak knife.

9443 and 9450 props work better for me. I fly from 5,000 to 8,000 feet above sea level most of the time.

The DJI props are pre-balanced. With cheaper props you'll likely have to balance them yourself or you might find a lot of jello in your videos.

Hi, first-time posting here, been lurking for a while. In my experience, only the (much) more expensive carbon props (graupner, t-motor) are worth it. All of the others I have bought, including some carbon 9443s from Acesdeals, are terrible...forget about the ebay stuff! You need to spend quite a bit of time carefully balancing them, and if you don't polish down with finer grades of sandpaper, and then finally give em a coat of wax, you'll have black fingers any time you touch them. Plus, as has been said before, they are dangerously sharp.
For me, the best results by far have come from the factory 9450s. I have a set of carbon 9450s on the way, will post impressions once I've flown them for a bit.
I'm also at ~5,000 ft msl, and my 1.1.1 is equipped with gopro4 Silver, gimbal, fpv transmitter, tall landing gear and anti-tip skids from Acesdeals. Getting ~9 minutes of flight time with stock battery until first warning.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic