Carbon fiber 9in phantom props from DSLRpros

I won't be buying anything again from DLSRpros if their props are just the china props marked way up. That's a pretty big price difference where I could have gotten 2 sets of four. I guess I was the sucker that took the bait.

I won't be buying anything again from DLSRpros if their props are just the china props marked way up. That's a pretty big price difference where I could have gotten 2 sets of four. I guess I was the sucker that took the bait.

It's not just the props either. All their DJI stuff is marked up so high it's disgusting. It pays to shop around, that's for sure.

MakeThumbImage_zps271083a2.jpg

No more broken props:

http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... 3-73454101

Yea I got their email blast today. Wish they offered a 9in version now. After market companies should be jumping all over this by now. There hero3 black gopro setup looks nice but I don't see prices anywhere. I think I'm done with DLRSpros. I bought my phantom from them as well and I'm surprised that wasn't marked up compared to the others.

freelanceshots said:
Yea I got their email blast today. Wish they offered a 9in version now. After market companies should be jumping all over this by now. There hero3 black gopro setup looks nice but I don't see prices anywhere. I think I'm done with DLRSpros. I bought my phantom from them as well and I'm surprised that wasn't marked up compared to the others.
I did as well, did youever get the extra battery they promised for every Phantom sold....Lets just say I'm not too impressed with their customer service. :roll:

MX45OR said:
freelanceshots said:
I did as well, did youever get the extra battery they promised for every Phantom sold....Lets just say I'm not too impressed with their customer service. :roll:

I've got mixed thoughts about them as well.
I think their customer service is ok, they respond to emails and do seem to take some interest in helping out owners with their problems.

But they certainly fumbled when offering free additional batteries as incentives, which then took over 2 months to deliver.
and it seems they have no qualms about selling anything else backordered or pre-release. - plus most of their items seem marked up a bit. I bought a replacement shell from them, totally unaware it was backordered! But at least after many weeks of waiting they sold me a used shell so I could be flying again.

I initially went with them because they were "Local" to me, only to discover they have no storefront and work out of a PO box - with items being shipped from Florida! But with everything being sold on the internet these days anyhow that's not a major downer. there is another shop near me (Filmtools) that sells Phantoms, but I don't think they have anyone there who even knows how to work on them.

I bought my Phantom from DslrPro too and after a month, the USB connection stopped working. I sent them an email saying that the USB connection stopped working and 20 minutes later, they sent me an email with RMA # and instruction on how to ship mine back and they would ship me a new one right away and they will pay for all shipment. I did ask them if I could keep flying my Phantom until the new one arrived then I would ship it back and they're okay with that. The new one was shipped FedEX ground from Florida. All went well except I haven't yet received my credit for shipping back yet! As for the extra free stock battery, I forgot about that so I will send them an email asking for it.
In the beginning a member who also bought his from them lost his prop nuts, so he asked them for but there was no parts available then. Don removed the nuts from a new Phantom and sent him as replacement.

Go figure. :?

As for the mark up, it'll somewhat okay if they have the items in stock and ready to ship so that we don't have to wait several weeks for better prices from oversea. Of course, if you can wait then go for the cheapest ones.

extra battery what? I know nothing about that promotion. I must have missed it.

freelanceshots said:
extra battery what? I know nothing about that promotion. I must have missed it.
Well, I just gave them a call. They then sent an email asking if it was owed to me from the Phantom order, or I just never recieved it from a previous order. I replied, and the email just hit me with a tracking number. I'll let you know what happens when I get the package.

I'm now thinking of switching back to the 8in CF props from DSLRpro as they are listing them now. I think it would be a pretty smart decision to get the 8in and get the dji prop guards. It's just to easy to clip objects or flip over at takeoff for some stupid reason or another and I don't want to worry about these simple accidents. I definitely don't want to tear up these CF props and it only takes one time.

freelanceshots said:
I'm now thinking of switching back to the 8in CF props from DSLRpro as they are listing them now. I think it would be a pretty smart decision to get the 8in and get the dji prop guards. It's just to easy to clip objects or flip over at takeoff for some stupid reason or another and I don't want to worry about these simple accidents. I definitely don't want to tear up these CF props and it only takes one time.

Unless your Phantom is over weight, then the 8" props should work better.

freelanceshots said:

Tough call.
those prop guards weigh in at a total over 75 grams, which is a fairly considerable amount. (you'll lose some performance and flying time).

What I would do is just fly with the stock DJI props, wait a few weeks or so and they'll be releasing their jello-free 8 inch props. (perhaps).
or try other props, such as the APC's. (they require reaming as well, but are quite popular)

These DSLRpor props are waiting to come in, end of May so they should be able to change my order even though that were ultra quick to charge my credit card. My setup is light. Not considering FVP right now, no gimbals, and I run my sony cam without its case. With this setup I can run 24 minutes. I just don't want to have to worry about tearing up my props even thought I'm pretty confident in my flying. Prop guards seem like a nice edition even though they add a little weight. In a world where money flowed more I get both and share my experience. Maybe in the end I'll buy the ebay 8in CF props and compare.

freelanceshots said:
These DSLRpor props are waiting to come in, end of May so they should be able to change my order even though that were ultra quick to charge my credit card. My setup is light. Not considering FVP right now, no gimbals, and I run my sony cam without its case. With this setup I can run 24 minutes. I just don't want to have to worry about tearing up my props even thought I'm pretty confident in my flying. Prop guards seem like a nice edition even though they add a little weight. In a world where money flowed more I get both and share my experience. Maybe in the end I'll buy the ebay 8in CF props and compare.

24 minutes??
(even if that was a typo and you meant 14 minutes,. still impressive).

the extra weight of the prop guards will probably decrease flight time by a minute or so.

freelanceshots said:

24 minutes? On 2200 man battery??? :?

Yes my camera recording equals 23 to 24 minutes on many occasions unless that doesn't count or something. I turn it on right when I fire the engines up and turn it off right after I catch it. There are times when it's closer to 20 minutes but that's when the wind is pretty heavy. Does the recording length matter if its 30 frames per second or 60fps? I don't time my flights otherwise. Just running the stock Dji 2200 mah battery. Today when I stopped flying I really noticed how warm the plastic was around the motors. Might be time to re-lube.

Also I think it may have something to do with that I fly pretty close to the ground (10 to 20 ft) and cruise all around. If I hover and take it up high to I guess a few hundred feet and then spin around and such then that drinks the power. I don't do that a lot or real high flying. Hard for me to see.

freelanceshots said:
Yes my camera recording equals 23 to 24 minutes on many occasions unless that doesn't count or something. I turn it on right when I fire the engines up and turn it off right after I catch it. There are times when it's closer to 20 minutes but that's when the wind is pretty heavy. Does the recording length matter if its 30 frames per second or 60fps? I don't time my flights otherwise. Just running the stock Dji 2200 mah battery. Today when I stopped flying I really noticed how warm the plastic was around the motors. Might be time to re-lube./quote]

even on DJI's own website they claim flight times of 10-15 minutes. - tops.
maybe your timecode is doubled, because nobody else has come close to getting more than 15 minutes with a camera attached, unless they're running an additional battery underneath.

That's what I'm gauging it off so that's what I have to go by. Maybe its been doubled because of 60 fps verses 30. My camera without its case is pretty light and my mount weights almost nothing. A noticeable amount lighter then the included gopro 2 mount. Now that I got the latest firmware installed I just pulled 15 minutes but it was very slow, forward moving, precision flying under trees, over fences, over cars roofs, walls and between street light polls in the wind where I was trying to keep it as smooth as possible so a lot of little stick movements. I don't know if my switch to the deans connector for my battery helped or what and it was recorded at 30 frames per second. All no higher then 10 feet off the ground.

Also worth mentioning I lowered my cut of just a bit. With all my research during the last three years concerning lipo battery usage and their safe cut off level, 3.2 volts is a safe level and by no means want to go beyond 3.0v per cell. I've got my 2 levels of protection set at 3.60 and then 3.45 volts. When I hook my battery back up to my charger I get the initial reading that each cell is no less then 3.5 volts. On my RC short course trucks 2S, 3S and 4S I have their LVC's set to 3.3 volts and I've been using those batteries for years with awesome results. Sometimes 2 and 3 charges back to back. To date I've never puffed a battery. Still close to the same run times compared to when they were new. I always storage charge my batteries to 3.8v when not in use and I think that's super important to take care of them.

I've been trying to contact DSLR pros for a week approaching 2 weeks now. They are not answering their phones and after some time refer you to send them an email. Called 5 or six times during this period and sales and support won't pick up. Finally sent the email to ask them to get back in touch with me and see if they could switch out my ordered 9inCF props for the 8in and add the prop guards to the order. Sent the email and immediately got a return email stating "Due to a higher than normal volume of inquiries you may experience some delayed response times. All inquiries will be answered in the order they are received." Too busy to talk for an entire week. I doubt I will hear anything back. The only companies that don't answer their phones are crummy companies. Will never ever do business with DSLPpros again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4