Carbon fiber 9in phantom props from DSLRpros

Reaction score
Came across these just now. http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

What do you think? All my plastic props suck. I can't seem to get a decent balance that stays form day to day to week to week. Only thing about the CF props is if you make a mistake and wack a wall, a branch or any other hard surface I bet they're toast. Ordered them anyways since Graupner is belly up. Also these are designed for the phantom and bolt right on. Pretty cool addition plus the look wicked.

Re: DJI 9in phantom carbon fiber props DSLRpros

Go to ebay and search for (2 pair 8045 carbon fiber propellers) and get the 4 blades for 16.99 including shipping. They do take a while to get (about 2 weeks) and DO need to be opened up with a prop reamer. They are not the best in the world but are carbon fiber and have been working out great for me. Let me know if you have any more questions. K.

That is a pretty good deal and a serious consideration. Looks like they are exact copies or straight form the mold of a dji plastic white props. A few worth while advantages to the DSLRpro CF props seem to be they are a new design (custom keyed for the phantom), 9 in instead of 8, just bolt right on so no way to ream them off kilter and they are machine balanced and appear to be finished better. I'm all about saving money but the dlsrpros props might be the better buy 53 with free shipping. I've ordered CF motorcycle pieces from china before and it can be really hit or miss in the quality department. Maybe the ebay props as back up since they don't cost a lot.

Not the exact mold, as these are 9" props.
and they're recommending totally changing the gains :
"We've found Pitch-190 / Roll-190 / Yaw-150 / Vertical-150 (and Attitude Pitch-70 / Roll-70) to be an effective setting for these props. "

I would probably try props like these instead of blowing $55
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pair-8045-8X4 ... 1291711%26

I wouldn't be surprised to find that 9" is a typo. The guy in the video didn't say anything about them being larger.
Also, when they show the Phantom running, there looks to be an awful lot of clearance between the props.

As for props being made anywhere but China, not very likely. DSLR Pros, and everyone else import the same thing, and mark
them up.
Myself, and several others here have ordered the ones from eBay, and the fit and finish are really nice. Mine fit perfectly
on the motor shafts without any binding, or play.
The link that Gizmo3000 gave is good, and the props are already keyed to fit the Phantom. (and probably what you would get from DSLR Pros).

A set of props should not cost as much as 2 replacement motors. I would just order 3 complete sets from eBay, so as to
have replacements available.

I just visited the DSLR website. They have all Phantom parts marked up way more than other dealers.
A replacement motor should be $24 not $35 I believe a Phantom esc should be $18 not $34.

I used these and after one tip over upon landing on a rocky trail, they were beat up quite a bit. They're strong but brittle. Also, if you balance props through sanding, I would recommend not doing that with these. Sanding carbon fiber is not fun. I ended up using tape. To be honest, I've gone back to using the plastic props. I've gotten good results with eliminating all jello (along with a dampening unit and ND filters on the gopro). I don't think they're worth the $.

Gizmo3000,

I should have been more clear in my writing as the china props look like the copies and the 9in are a new design. When the guy in the vid holds up the dslrpros props they appear longer so I'm assuming they are 9in. If they are not 9in then I will send them back as this was what interested me. The famous graupner props were close to 45-50 as well with approx 5-10 dollars shipping. Maybe its a waste of money but I already pulled the trigger. I completely agree with the markup seen. No reason to pay the marked up amount when it can be bought from other reputable stores at a lower cost.

Like I said I bought them on a whim. Hopefully a good decision as I'm not having that good of a time with my plastic props. Mine are way out of balance out of the bag where I'm having to add freakishly large amounts of tape to get them even close to balance on the hub. With that said I will get teary eye'd if and when these wack something because the Phantom gods have declared it. Maybe just for field flying, more open area with the CF props and the black plastic for close in flying in and around trees and buildings.

At fourthline,

Unless you were referring to using the china CF props before, nobody's used the dslrpros specific props because they haven't been released yet. On the site it states per-order now, arrive by may 30th. I didn't see this last night as I don't think it was there then. I will put a call in and get some questions answered as I am curious about my purchase.

freelanceshots said:
Came across these just now. http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

What do you think? All my plastic props suck. I can't seem to get a decent balance that stays form day to day to week to week. Only thing about the CF props is if you make a mistake and wack a wall, a branch or any other hard surface I bet they're toast. Ordered them anyways since Graupner is belly up. Also these are designed for the phantom and bolt right on. Pretty cool addition plus the look wicked.

Picked up two sets of these DJI Phantom Carbon Fiber Propellers from Emodels: http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/p ... 42956.html

A bit pricey, but thought I would try them anyway.

You guys should be fine, as those definitely seem to be the prop option replacement for the graupners (which are now going thru some kind of bankruptcy/restructuring or something)

just be careful to keep your fingers away from the props when they're in motion!

another prop that seems to be quite popular in between the stock props and carbon fiber ones are these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HX ... VANMZ9W8DD

But many are waiting with anticipation for the newer 8" props that DJI says they're going to be putting out. (one day)

Good point about staying away from the CF props. Good for me to hear as I've got to start leaving my dog at home forsure when these are installed. A carbon fiber prop to her snout would be ugly.

freelanceshots said:
Gizmo3000,

At fourthline,

Unless you were referring to using the china CF props before, nobody's used the dslrpros specific props because they haven't been released yet. On the site it states per-order now, arrive by may 30th. I didn't see this last night as I don't think it was there then. I will put a call in and get some questions answered as I am curious about my purchase.

Here is what my receipt from DSLR Pros says:
1 DSLRPros 100% Carbon Fiber propellor with drag reducing curved...
SKU:DSLRPROS-CFPROP-9-4-s-tip

I suspect they had an order that has since sold out.
So yes, I have used these props and I don't think they are worth the $

fourthline, since you've had these in your hands are they the standard 8in or 9in?

I guess then we can safely say these aren't the same ones being sold on ebay because those are 8in and the ones being sold at DSLRpros are 9in. They suggest that these will be even better then the Graupner props because they are designed for the performance needs of the Phantom with pitch, shape and etc compared to the Graupner's which were not. I'm thinking way better performance with these babies installed. Should fly better in the wind.

There are 2 types of 9" carbon fiber props on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221213419429?ss ... 1439.l2649
Above is 9x5 with Graupner style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pair-9047-Car ... 338180c41e
Above is 9x4.7

For stock Phantom (no camera and such), you need to play with GAIN settying.
The 9" ones are very difficult to make them work right but the 8" one works perfect with no adjustment.

I am pretty sure that the DslrPro ones are form China too but nothing wrong with that because the finish and craftsmanship are much better than I expected and best of all they are pre-balanced. :D
I bought more than 12 pairs and 3 out of 4 in a set are perfectly balanced, but more importantly the tracking is very good too.
What is the tracking?
Install the prop and turn until a tip is over the arm, note the gap between the tip and the top surface of the arm where the tip is over, then turn to the other tip and the gap should be the same.

I got 2 pairs from ebay uk for 22quid. They needed no reaming and had the correct lugs inside the center to key onto the phantom motors. I checked the balance on a balancer and two were nearly perfect, and the other two needed some tape to balance. I went to try them out in a farmers field and they seemed pretty agressive, I would need to adjust the gains for sure, if I buy any more. Trouble was, the Phantom tipped over on landing (hidden rock in the grass) and one prop hit a stone. Goodbye prop, I only found one blade, the other one went somewhere and all there was left was the boss still attached to the motor.

If there is a moral to this, it might be to be careful about landing sites on uneven ground, and definitely keep children and pets away when flying, those blades are sharp as razors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.