Car charger advice

Reaction score
My partner has a dji phantom drone but I don't know the model. I know its not a 4!! Possibly 2 or 3.
I want to buy him a car charger for it but as I don't know the model, does it matter which car charger? Will one and all fit any model?
I've tried looking at the model but so far I can only tell its got silver stripes.
Do I need the exact model to get a car charger?
Thanks

My partner has a dji phantom drone but I don't know the model. I know its not a 4!! Possibly 2 or 3.
I want to buy him a car charger for it but as I don't know the model, does it matter which car charger? Will one and all fit any model?
I've tried looking at the model but so far I can only tell its got silver stripes.
Do I need the exact model to get a car charger?
Thanks
Silver stripes means its likely a phantom 3 advanced. But find out for sure as the phanton 2 and 3 chargers are completely different specs and are NOT interchangeable. The model will be on the front of the body of the aircraft above the camera lens.

Screenshot_20181127-114213_Chrome.jpg

You can get them from the DJI site or Amazon. Or you could you try a DJI approved dealer.

Silver stripes means its likely a phantom 3 advanced. But find out for sure as the phanton 2 and 3 chargers are completely different specs and are NOT interchangeable. The model will be on the front of the body of the aircraft above the camera lens.

Hi
I have took another look and it says phantom advanced. There is no number or anything to indicate the model.
Does the fact it says phantom advanced make a difference?
Thanks

I

Hi
I have took another look and it says phantom advanced. There is no number or anything to indicate the model.
Does the fact it says phantom advanced make a difference?
Thanks

I
Its definitely a P3 and not a P2. Get the P3 charger. All P3 batteries are the same (regardless of which P3 it is, standard, advanced, or Pro) so any P3 charger will work. As far as whats best for a car charger, I dont use one so i have no idea which brand name is best.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Another alternative is get him a 200W inverter to go from 12V DC to 120V AC. Then he can use his home charger in the car, and it has many other uses, such as powering a laptop. Also the home AC charger generally will charge a battery faster than a car charger. I had a car charger for my Phantom 4, but it overheated the plug that goes into the cigarette lighter socket and melted it. Now I'm back to using the AC charger with the inverter.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Another alternative is get him a 200W inverter to go from 12V DC to 120V AC. Then he can use his home charger in the car, and it has many other uses, such as powering a laptop. Also the home AC charger generally will charge a battery faster than a car charger. I had a car charger for my Phantom 4, but it overheated the plug that goes into the cigarette lighter socket and melted it. Now I'm back to using the AC charger with the inverter.
Agreed that's exactly what I use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna