OK old man new guy questions.

Download won’t need a controller or drone at the time you download the GO4 app.
Some of this may depend on what model phone you get your hands on and would help to know what model that is when it arrives. The app does need a certain amount of horsepower to run and the phone may have some pony limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Your daughter can downloaded it now, its free you really need the software to fly a DJI drone, but if she is still using the phone then skip it at this time.

Rod ..

No she is not using it, it is a spare and she has several. She is checking them out right now. I must just wait until she gets back to me. She lives in Southern Pa. , I live in Northern Pa.

I am going to jump in here. I see everyone has their opinion as to which drone to get and what devise to use. I work on a lot of drones and the gimbals that go with them. If you are just testing the waters to see if you like flying drones, I would buy a good used Phantom 4 Standard. I know the P4 Pro is better but the P4 S flies the same and is a good starting point. You will have a lot of fun with it.
As far as using I phones ( Apple product) or an Ipad, it is really a matter of which Iphone. I like I pads but you have to be careful. They don't all work with the Go4 app. I personally use an IPad 5 mini. Look at the list carefully before you buy the wrong one. Samsung phones seem to work OK. I personally don't like the ones with the built in screen. Takes to long to boot up and they are expensive.
Whatever you decide to do, the folks on here will all be glad to help if you have issues.

@Droneted, If his daughter went to the about screen, for the model name and he posted that?
Still the condition of phone (battery)

Rod ..

Reactions: Gagey52
@watersteps,
What is your experience with smart phones, etc?

Rod ..

Reactions: Gagey52
Greetings waterstep, the iPhone 10 or X may be a bit small in the screen. I use an iPad mini or my tripltek. Much bigger view area which is important when you hit the seventies. Also better for my fat fingers.
Keep us posted on which track you take.
Regards

I don't have or use an iPhone so how can I view what the drone sees? I think I would like to have a Phantom 4 if possible. I like the larger model for some reason. I flew RC helicopters a long time ago but they were very tricky to fly, so I built several and sold them. I think I would like to start with a good used one. If I can figure out how to view what the drone sees.
I use a flip phone. But for my drones I purchased a gently used 9.7" iPad on eBay. All I use it for is drones and my sound company. Best decision I ever made.

D

@Harleydude ,

Thanks, I prefer a tablet my self, I was trying to help this guy headed in the right direction with something.

Forgot his original post stated I don't have or use an iPhone.:rolleyes:

Okay my defense, that doesn't rule out android's. :rolleyes:

Keep watching us!

Thanks again!

Rod ..

@watersteps, I will look into it later today post something if somebody hasn't.

Rod ..

When I pick these 2 iphone up from my daughter on Saturday can I down load the GO4 ap and learn anything? Before I actually purchase one?

Hum, good question. :)

Its been long time since I installed it from the get go.
But no matter I think yes..
#1 First can you install the Go4 app.
#2 Are both phones iPhone's you need to use the App Store.

Well that is how my thoughts started.
I will go a different direction now.

The phones you are getting, are they fully cleared, noting associated with your daughter?

She probably knows what I mean, if you don't. :)

I will finish there for now. 👌👍

Rod ..

Last edited:
I think to far ahead sometimes, I had some distractions the last few days..

Anyways..
Yes, try out the app. :)

Rod ..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl