Cant go beyond the GO FLY button screen on my Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
Hello All,

My DJI Phantom 4 Pro + does not lift because it does not go beyond the home menu with the "GO FLY" button.

Simply clicking on the GO FLY button nothing happens, nor are there any error messages. As it is not possible to pass this screen the drone cannot lift.

I refreshed the latest firmware, which is installed. I also tried going to Settings / Apps and killing all running apps / processes, and resetting the remote to factory defaults. Didnt work either.

All communications and menus are accessible and working.

The drone has made several flights without any problems until this problem arises, ie no more or further the "GO FLY" screen button no matter how much you click on it.

Can you please help on this? Thanks!
Rui

Do you have the green LED lit on the bottom left side of the TX battery level LED's?

Hi, thanks for your answers.

I dont really know what a "TX battery" is (english not being my native language), but all the lights on the P4 battery are green, and on the remote control the battery level are all white and right at their side the led light is green.

Is this what you refered to?

Yes @Rui Manuel that is what I meant, I wanted to make sure the Remote Controller (TX) was linked to the quad (sometimes called AC for AirCraft). Sounds like it is so I would try this...

I just proved with my P4P+ that even if I don't hit the "Go Fly" icon that I can still do sticks down and in towards the center and the quad arms and the motors spin. Does yours do that also?

If I do that (a factory reset) will I get a Firmware downgrade somehow?
No, it won't downgrade or anything, but it will clear out all your settings and it SHOULD reload the Android OS from the Recovery Kernel in the Controller. I agree that that is a good step, just remember not to worry about the little android robot during the re-install, and you will need to setup things like your wifi again when it is done.

Reactions: Rui Manuel
Yes @Rui Manuel that is what I meant, I wanted to make sure the Remote Controller (TX) was linked to the quad (sometimes called AC for AirCraft). Sounds like it is so I would try this...

I just proved with my P4P+ that even if I don't hit the "Go Fly" icon that I can still do sticks down and in towards the center and the quad arms and the motors spin. Does yours do that also?

No, they dont.

No, they dont.
If the quad does not arm then I think the Controller is in a funny state or it is not really linked to the Aircraft. I would try to do a factory reset on the controller or try re-linking it to the Aircraft. Don't forget if you do a factory reset you will need to re-login to the Go4 App and re setup your wifi etc.

I'm a newbie here, so I don't pretend expertise. But I recently had the same problem with a new (used) P4P. Got to the "Go Fly" button but no further. I figured that it wouldn't power up the motors because I was in a no-fly zone. (I was just testing the drone to buy it...didn't really intend to fly.) Took it to a new (legal) location a few blocks away, and everything worked again. Worth a try.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Case closed. Here’s how I solved it:

a) Later (just for once) I could get the “Camera Sensor Error” message.

b) I changed the internal flat cable that connects to the sensor to a brand new one.

c) Everything is ok now.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS: this is a common problem on these cameras. The problem is everybody, even the DJI service, will try on one way or another that you need to replace the Sensor itself. YOU DO NOT. The sensor can cost you about $800. 99% of the time YOU JUST NEED TO REPLACE THE FLAT CABLE, with costs $40.

Best,

Rui

Thank you, RUI. Watched this through to the end, because I have two of the 300E remotes. Have not had this problem but am always interested in solutions. Would not have guessed your answer to the problem. Thanks again

Reactions: Rui Manuel
Thank you, RUI. Watched this through to the end, because I have two of the 300E remotes. Have not had this problem but am always interested in solutions. Would not have guessed your answer to the problem. Thanks again

Thanks, Capt!

Here is the cable mentioned above.

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 279

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.