Can't get by 500m even in A mode

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 3 Pro and I'm loving it :)
I read that a way to get by the 500m threshold was to fly in Atti mode. I used P mode to fly to 500 m and then switched to A, but it still would not let me fly any further. Why not, and how should I do it?
(I'm in the countryside in Norway, clear sight and a beautiful day, so no challenge going more than 500 m)

Regards
Christian

I read that a way to get by the 500m threshold was to fly in Atti mode.
Atti mode won't help you go past anything.
Whatever you read is wrong.
It's not clear whether you are talking about altitude or distance.
If you are trying to go higher than 500m, you are out of luck .. it's not possible.
If you want to more than 500 metres away, check the distance limit in the app and turn it off.
i-qBFFq2n-L.png

Your challenge going above 500m is the DJI firmware. ATTI mode included (tue barometer is used to measure altitude.
I think the OP is referring to distance, not height.

When your craft is connected, go into the MC settings in the app - (the page where you set Return to Home altitude)- , and un-check the Enable Maximum Distance setting. Then, away you go!

Atti mode won't help you go past anything.
Whatever you read is wrong.
It's not clear whether you are talking about altitude or distance.
If you are trying to go higher than 500m, you are out of luck .. it's not possible.
If you want to more than 500 metres away, check the distance limit in the app and turn it off.
i-qBFFq2n-L.png
I think the OP is referring to distance, not height.

When your craft is connected, go into the MC settings in the app - (the page where you set Return to Home altitude)- , and un-check the Enable Maximum Distance setting. Then, away you go!
Thank you so much. I feel just a little bit stupid to have missed that one...just flew 2500 meters away without any problems. Felt a bit scary at first. On my way home, close to the homepoint, two sea eagles appeared. They can be quite aggressive now close to the nesting season. I have been wondering what would be the best strategy if they start following: face them or run, rise or descend?

The obvious 500m limit in the absence of detail (to me) was height. Pleased you have a simple solution

If an eagle is committed to having a go at you the luxury of time to think about strategy probably wont exist.

I have been in helis and small ac when they come in from nowhere to check you out. Strategy there is up and away. Its almost like if they think you are retreating they are happy. Very scary also. If one hit the rail rotor outcome would not be good.

I have been flying light aircraft for about 20 years and have had some wonderful moments with birds of prey, the usually come to just have a look, sometimes they will track you at close quarters and are wonderful to watch. They will move off after having a look and seeing that you are no threat to them. Just recently got my P3 and would love to get an inflight vid of one of these birds. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl