Can't figure it out.....help needed !!

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm having all sorts of problems here and can't figure it out !! First off, at 64, i'll have to admit i'm not tech savvy :( My story is this ..... my wife and i have just returned from a trip to help out on our son's farm. Before we left i decided to buy a P4P as the farm would have been a great place to learn to fly it with it's wide open spaces. I had the P4P delivered to the farm and after i unpacked it, charged all the batteries etc, i started to update the firmware. There's no internet available on the farm but was able to download the DJI Go 4 app using cellular data on my mobile phone and tablet. My phone is a Samsung S7 and the tablet i wanted to use on the controller is a Samsung Tab A that i got as a give-away when i bought the phone. I downloaded the DJI Go 4 app onto both. I went by the very limited directions that came with the P4P and connected the Tab A to the RC. All good !! Next, i connected the Tab A to the drone. Nothing !!
I suspected i might have had a problem with the Tab A as a few months ago on a trip to NZ, i had problems transferring photos from my phone to the Tab A. I decided that what i needed was a dedicated tablet that i could use for the drone only that wouldn't fail mid-flight. I checked out the tablets that DJI recommended on its website and went into the nearest town to see what was available. The only one available that was on the list was a Samsung Tab S2. It incidentally, has more grunt that my wife's laptop !! At $850 i thought this lil' sucker would certainly do the job !! I got it home, connected it to the RC after downloading the DJI Go 4 app and .... nothing !! In desparation i connected my mobile phone to the RC and ... bingo ... it worked !! I have now flown it a few times in beginner mode and just love it !!
We have since returned home and today i tried to connect up ... still nothing !! All it says is ... disconnected !! When i connect my mobile phone it immediately comes up ... go fly !! Has anybody got any ideas what i'm doing wrong ?? I know the RC and the bird are working ok as it all works when i'm using my phone. I'd be forever grateful if some of you tech savvy guys could help me out !! Sorry for the long winded post !! Many thanks ... SharpShooter (aka Dave)

G'day With The Birds. Thanks for your reply m8 !! I'll follow your link as soon as i reply here. Yes, bought the P4P through DWI. I bought my Nikon D600 through them a few years back and had no probs. The DWI side of the sale for the P4P was seamless as always but getting it to our son's farm was the big problem !! It only took 2 days for the drone to get from DWI in Hong Kong to Brisbane and then to the transport depot in Caboolture on the outskirts of Brisbane. It then took 5 days to get to Nanango which is only a 2hr drive from there. I won't mention the name of the transport company but they are one of the biggest in Aust. I ripped it into them and told them it only took 2 days to get halfway around the world and 5 days to travel 200km !! Isn't that just typical Aust !! I read posts on this forum where guys in the States order something off Amazon and they get it the next day. I wish !! Anyway ol' m8, i'm about to follow your link so i'll let you know how it goes. Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj