Galaxy Tab S2 not recommended for P4P?

Reaction score
Updating Firmware on new P4P, watching videos and I see a guy say that the S2 is not recommended for the P4P. Is this true? I'm sitting here with a brand new S2 and it looks like everything is good to go.
Anyone have a problem with the S2?

Thanks

here is the video:

Mine works perfectly - I did not want to watch all 23 minutes of his video, where in the video does he say that? Also he seems a bit cocky as he fires it up for the first time inside with the props on...

Oh, it worked also on my P3P and works on my Mavic Pro as well - no problems...

That wasn't my experience with the s-2 my p-4 didn't work for crap with it? The only device that would work was an I-phone or I-pad for me.
And I am not a apple product lover but after 2 new android tablets not working I bought my I-pad mini4 with no problems. I was told by someone in this forum it's the marshmallow update that conflicts with the DJI app. I saved the video from the tablet and the drone and sinker them together and you can see the tablet is the problem. I can send you the link if you wish to see it. I don't have the pro version though.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Mine works perfectly - I did not want to watch all 23 minutes of his video, where in the video does he say that? Also he seems a bit cocky as he fires it up for the first time inside with the props on...

Oh, it worked also on my P3P and works on my Mavic Pro as well - no problems...

At about 4:00 he starts talking about approved devices on DJI's website and gets into the S2 not working.

I just spoke with DJI support and all they could tell me is the S2 is not on their recommended list.
This sucks Donkey Balls - I really like the S2. I used a Samsung Note 8.0 with my P3P for a year and had zero issues.

I just spoke with DJI support and all they could tell me is the S2 is not on their recommended list.
This sucks Donkey Balls - I really like the S2. I used a Samsung Note 8.0 with my P3P for a year and had zero issues.

Just FYI, my brother also uses a Tab S2 - no problems either... Maybe they have a beef with Samsung like they did with GoPro??! :p:rolleyes: (kidding)

... also, if you already have the S2 in your hands, I'd wait and see how yours works... I cannot imagine it not working??!

For the folks that have or are having problem with the S2 what exactly are you having problems with? I have the S2 and an older Sansung 8.4 inch tablet and have issue where the Go app will display the "Enter Device" button but will not show the "Go Fly" button. It doesn't happen all the time but pretty often. I found that by going into :Developer Options" and toggling the "USB configuration" from "MTP" to "RNDIS" it would kind of reset itself and the Go app would launch and "Go Fly" would now be available.

So, if this is the same thing others are seeing with the S2 then you can try that and report back. In order to enable Developer Options do this:

Stock Android: Settings > About phone > Build number

Samsung Galaxy S5: Settings > About device > Build number

LG G3: Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number

HTC One (M8): Settings > About > Software information > More > Build number

Once you’ve found the Build number section of the settings, tap on the section 7 times. After two taps, a small pop up notification should appear saying "you are now X steps away from being a developer" with a number that counts down with every additional tap.

Brian

I decided just to take the S2 back to Best Buy and they refunded with no problem. Ordered an Apple mini 4 32GB online and should be here today.
All I could see is my bird flying away and DJI saying we can't help you because you used a non-recommended device.
The weather has been so crappy, can't fly anyway. Just watching youtube videos to pass the time.
Hope everyone has a great 2017 and thanks for all the responses!

I decided just to take the S2 back to Best Buy and they refunded with no problem. Ordered an Apple mini 4 32GB online and should be here today.
All I could see is my bird flying away and DJI saying we can't help you because you used a non-recommended device.
The weather has been so crappy, can't fly anyway. Just watching youtube videos to pass the time.
Hope everyone has a great 2017 and thanks for all the responses!
I don't think it matters....If your drone flew away, DJI couldn't help you anyways. I'm pretty sure warranties don't cover fly away's, as they are rare. Anyways, I was going to get the S2 then read about it not being recommended. I follow Ken Booth, on youtube, who works with/alongside DJI somehow, and he did not recommend it. He still recommended the Nvidia Shield K1 for the best android tablet. I picked one up, on Amazon, along with a anti-glare screen protector. I have about 4 flights on it so far and I love it. Although, I haven't flown in direct sunlight, which might be an issue, but so far so good. No lag/glitches at all. Plus, you get the hdmi out, along with a built in screen recorder. Not to mention the Shield K1 is 1/3 of the price of a new Ipad. Anyways, Hope you enjoy the ipad! Happy Flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl