Can't calibrate IMU

Would be nice to find out if other p4p users with iOS that have managed to calibrate both IMU's no one has mentioned that they have done this ok

I am having the exact same issue here with my P4 Pro too. :(
9yJNbk0.jpg

-
Rich

Same here, using Android app... all seems well until I have to flip it, that's when the error pops up. I do however hear some fan noise (slight vibration?) when setting it on one of the sides... I really hope it's not a hardware problem :/

bbb5f1884b5b002143385f747f54e1c8.jpg

Unfortunately that didn't work also.

Same 22 fault here!! (Android)

I doubt its hardware as its still based on the P4 with some additions! thus expect it more software issues, being an engineer doesnt matter how much testing real world situations are always different - i hv also seen new ferraris & other very expensive cars broken-down at the side of the road!

It can easily be hardware... meaning bad quality control of certain components. A whole batch of circuit boards can be poorly soldered or fans not attached properly etc...

I get the exact same error when trying to calibrate the IMU using the latest DJI Go 4 and iPad Pro 9.7".

Guys, when calibrating the IMU and turning the Phantom to its sides, can you hear it start vibrating more than otherwise?

In my case it's gimbal that starts vibrating when leaned to one of the sides...

Guys, when calibrating the IMU and turning the Phantom to its sides, can you hear it start vibrating more than otherwise?
Yes, I heard noises that almost sounded like a spinning fan blade hitting something.

Yes, I heard noises that almost sounded like a spinning fan blade hitting something.
Can you try calibrating it again but this time touch the gimbal when you start hearing those noises and see if it's actually gimbal that's making them amd not a fan or something else?

I have this issue also. I have emailed DJI several times and also called the UK, Netherlands, Germany and Hong Kong. They are about the release an update to solve the issue (copy of that statement below). It's tempting to send the bloody thing back but I am trying to act rationally!!!

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.17.20.png

In my case it's gimbal that starts vibrating when leaned to one of the sides...
My P4P also vibrates when tilted to one side during calibration. DJI are working on a fix apparently. I must say that after several calls, emails and online chats the customer service is terrible. : (

Reactions: Zzz
I doubt its hardware as its still based on the P4 with some additions!...

I think the IMU is quite different than the older P4 as you need to do the sides as well as on its back calibrations for the IMU in the P4P. Older P4 only had two positions and the new P4P has 5. The fix may be to ignore the back calibration in the next firmware or to loosen the tolerances a bit. The on-its-back IMU cal. seems redundant if the feet and motors are parallel. Have to wait and see what the next firmware fix fixes.

For the fan noise, someone posted the issue of the fan housing corner being close to the housing and rattling against it, more if squeezed. He put some foam under the housing to quiet it after dismantling the shell. You might be able to poke something in the vent holes to wedge the black plastic fan housing away from the shell and keep it quiet, or just ignore it.

I called DJi this morning and asked who i talked with about the imu problems.
he told me to shut everything down and let it cool down for a while than start from the beginning.
he said it was A/C getting to hot to do the calabration right.
hope this works.

Seems a new firmware version 01.01.0203 was just released that addresses this issue:

What’s New:
1:
Fixed an issue of some settings not being reset after resetting camera settings.
2: Fixed color deviations when shooting at a high ISO value.
3: Fixed a rare issue where a black image is saved instead of a photo.
4: Fixed an occasional IMU calibration failure issue for the aircraft.
5:
Reduced aircraft vibration during light-throttle take-off.

At first i wanted to do the IMU callibration but zi couldn't selet it.. the it suddenly suggested to do it.. i flipped it on its side and kept staring.. im must hsve blinked at the wrong time because the image suggested i'd flip it on it's other side but I didn't see it.. started to panic.. it kept saying something that i didn't understand.. battery almost empty..i took the initiativr and flipped ot.. and then it clearly suggested the other moves and i was done in 5... it's delicate..be patient and sharp..

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik