Cannot upgrade firmware on RC

Reaction score
I was able to upgrade the firmware on the Phantom 3 Professional but not on the radio controller. I downloaded the latest firmware and followed all the instructions. On the RC I get only a red light and beeps, no blue or green light, and when I check the sd card afterward there is no .txt message giving any results.
Is there anything I should do?
Since the drone firmware upgrade was successful, is it safe to fly even if I couldn't upgrade the firmware of the controller?

Try to format microSD (or an USB thumb) with FAT32 on a PC, then copy ONLY the .bin file on the card. Now plug microsd with an USB adapter (or the USB thumb) to RC USB port and switch it on. After 30sec - 1min led will become blu with sound.

If that fails, try the recommended fool proof method.

What DJI forgets is that NOT all thumb drives are compatible with the RC. Think of this - every time you plug a USB device into your PC, the PC needs to find an appropriate driver. Now I don't think DJI has made the RC to accept all USB thumb drives.

The most compatible SD drive is the one on the P3 camera/gimbal board. Leave the firmware on the SD card. Plug the micro end into the gimbal (opposite side of SD card) and NOT the front of the P3. Then plug the rectangular end into the USB port of the RC. Then power on P3 (remove gimbal clamp first), then the RC and wait for the LED to change from green to blue (or vice versa as I cant remember).

Reactions: SirAchie
On the last release I don't think there was an update for the controller, only your Phantom. Read the release notes on DJI's site below the firmware downloads.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks. FYI I bought a new thumb drive (Insignia USB 2.0 SD/MMC Memory card reader) at Best Buy and this solved the problem. My previous sd card reader, a Lexmark, was not recognized by the controller.

Reactions: SirAchie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.