Cannot up up date my P4 firmware

Reaction score
I have tried everything, cannot get my P4 to accept any firmware up date.

I just received back from the DJI repair service center and will not update or link. I am thinking that my Aircraft version is to old for some reason.

This is what I see:

DJI Go app is 2.8.3
Aircraft v01.00.0170
RC v1.6.0

Using iPad mini 4 version is 9.3.2

I can down load firmware up date via DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) and also DJI GO app but will quad will not accept.

We are going on a vacation, leaving Thursday and was hopeing to have my P4 with me. Still waiting for DJI Service center's answer....

Yes I did reformat SD Card

msinger: I was thinking that maybe I need to downgrade the RC controller. I think the AC version 01.00.0170 was back in March. Will try this.....

Try installing the firmware like this.
I guess I should had asked you this question. Do I need to down grade my controller? If the drone has v01.00.0170 on it now. I tried updating using the DJI Assistant 2 and after down loading the firmware it would FAIL. Also from the DJI Go app. when it would wanted me to plug in the tablet to the Aircraft it would do nothing.

So would this mean that I need to downgrade the controller? I just don't see how downgrading the RC when the DJI Assistant 2 just need the Phantom connected to a laptop.

Suggestions??

Also from the DJI Go app. when it would wanted me to plug in the tablet to the Aircraft it would do nothing.
Format your memory card and try again using my instructions.

Format your memory card and try again using my instructions.
Thanks misinger.... I did format my SD Card and still no go.. What I did though was down grade the RC unit. Finally this did work. One thing I forgot to mention was that the LED light on the quad was flashing yellow. After I downgraded the RC controller and turned everything off and back on again everything came back to life. Now I just need to do all the up dates starting with the quad first.

Thanks All for the help...

Also want to thank DRONENERDS for their help. I plan to write more on this later.

Well spoke to soon.. The RC will link to quad and I do get Safe To Fly. Shows that need to up date RC and also quad firmware. But the quad will not accept any data either through Assistant 2 or the DJI GO app. When I connect to the quad it does nothing. I let it completely run down a battery.

Has anyone had this issue? I feel that there is something wrong with the Micro SD connector on the quad or interface. So not sure what else to do probably have 20+ hours in this so far.

Which versions of the firmware show in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

Which versions of the firmware show in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?
This is what I sent the support center:
With Aircraft, and RC on, kindly go to camera view. Tap on general settings (top right corner) then scroll down and click "About".

reply with the Aircraft, App and RC firmware versions in the App. App: Version 2.8.3, Aircraft Version 01.00.0170, Remote Controller: Version 1.6.0

Now I did down grade the RC controller so it is not 1.6.0 its lower.. I contacted DJI Support and have an RMA number to send back to the repair center. There is something wrong with the micro SD connector or the interface. Probably when it was dunked in the water. The camera was repaired but the drone was not updated on the firm ware. I am not sure where the 01.00.0170 came from....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers