Cannot enter camera view

I have had my phantom 3 professional for roughly 6 months and relatively no problems. Got the bird out this weekend to fly and cannot connect to the DJI go app on an iPad 3 mini. Tried 2 other iPhones, 6+ and iPhone 6, and iPhone 5S and still no luck. Have tried updating firmware on the quad copter and looks like successful. It appears the remote will not update when I plug in USB flash card reader, lights do not change colors. The remote is connecting to the aircraft and will fly, just can't enter camera view on the app. Any help is much appreciated? Thank you. Carl.
You need to go in to your setting and open the developer menu (YouTube it) make sure debugg is on. When you plug in the phone to the charger you will see a option pop up on the phone for the usb charging click that and change it to send images...this had me confused for days and dji was no help..merry Christmas..

Greetings all:

DJI Customer Support got back to my inquiry and diagnosed the "how to connect" issue as follows: ("How to connect" means your rc didn't conect your mobile phone). Customer Support recommended using a new USB cable. After reading the other posts in this thread about cable problems-solutions, I was skeptical my problem was hardware (cable) related. Nevertheless, I just happed to have a new USB cable for my iPhone and happily to my surprise, my problem was indeed a failed cable and not software related. So my theory that the cause of the "how to connect" problem was firmware related was just coincidental and wrong. Thanks for all your posts though. Signing Off this thread but hoping each of you find a prompt solution to your "how to connect" problem. Take care.

Happy Holidays.

Gary
Milwaukee

Just did the latest firmware update and I have the same problem. Turn on the app it says the controller is connected press camera view button then the app shuts down!
This is the 1st time that I've had issues with updates!

So if you delete the DJI Go app do you loose all the flight info and videos and pics as well?

Before I purchase the upgraded USB/HDMI board and upgrade, is it possible to use the micro USB port to output video to phone/tablet etc.? And then secondly, anyone have instructions on how to test the USB port with a multimeter or something?

Just an update, I ordered the upgraded USB/HDMI board for $99 from DJI. After reading about support from DJI and being leery of sending the remote back for fear it would take a couple of months to fix, decided that an upgraded board might be the simplest solution. Received a couple days ago, installed today, and everything appears to be working fine now. I guess it was simply the USB port that went bad.

Now that I have an HDMI output, can anyone recommend FPV goggles?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj