Toggles back in forth 3 to for times. As far as your other question I'm not sure. I've never been in a situation where I had to cancel RTH really fast. I've always used my screen. I might fly tomorrow and test it. I will let you know. When do you think you will be up in the air again?
Page 23

Nigel

I've read that but still have a question. Does toggling mean you just toggle it to a different mode or do you have to toggle it back and forth, if so how many times? Also, when within 30 feet of home point and RTS is initiated does it just land or does still do its preset RTS altitude climb first then land? Looks like once I get mine repaired I'll have to find a big field and do some test to find out.

Usually toggling switch 1 all the way down and back to the up position is enough to cancel RTH instantly.

My shipment from DJI hasn't shipped yet. I ordered it on the 24th expected it to ship today but it didn't. So I don't really know when I'll be up again. I'll be looking to hear from you, I'd rather someone more experienced do the testing. Thanks!

Hey guy, just found this post, Yes RTH has many quality's, but also many catches if your not prepared.
Lot of arguments, same as the compass dance. :rolleyes:

Here is a couple of links from the past, I like some of this because they are real people, with real questions and answers.
Best Method to RTH?
Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Yes, as stated above, as soon as you think you got it down you make a mistake.
Showing friends how easy it is. (Priceless) :eek:

I like to show people how it hovers, I have it about 2 feet over my head, and I pull on the landing gear, then let go and we watch it return to its hover point. Never had any indecent always pulled parallel to the watchers about 10' away.

Then I said yeah its even got a compass in it, It will turn back to the right direction, so I pulled on it and gave it twist. Well it took a dive because it was not level. Two people had to duck for cover, nothing bad happened, but it was close, I apologized to them twice.

They have never invited back to one of there camp outs again. (Just kidding)

Check this search out. ;)

http://www.phantompilots.com/search/21470316/?q=RTH&o=relevance

Stay away from trees, they are connected to earth, they don't move out of the way, they usually win the fight.

Rod :)

Had mine this morning wouldn't cancel rth. I moved all the switches and they changed but remote continued to beep. So I ended up letting it land and had to turn the remote off and back on to stop the beeping.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There are a few different ways that RTH works. Some ways the RTH can be cancelled. Some ways it can't be cancelled. Gotta learn the differences. And the RTH can work differently depending on the version of DJI Go app.

Last edited:
Full disclosure: new to the drone world and have had my P3S for just under a week now and have logged 1 min of flight time (sub zero temps here in Fargo).

That said, to the OP, have you tried options in the simulator? Assuming there might be differences between that and real, and suggestion to try out in open field is probably best advice, here is what I experienced in the sim after RTH is activated: I can use left stick to lower only after AC has reached it's preset RTH height, and toggling S2 did not cancel RTH. Cancelling via app appeared to be the only way, but was quick, with just two quick taps (red x and 'ok' to confirm - no swipe to cancel). Of course that's under safe conditions in the sim, and not in a complete state of panic watching the AC climbing toward tree branches.

Full disclosure: new to the drone world and have had my P3S for just under a week now and have logged 1 min of flight time (sub zero temps here in Fargo).

That said, to the OP, have you tried options in the simulator? Assuming there might be differences between that and real, and suggestion to try out in open field is probably best advice, here is what I experienced in the sim after RTH is activated: I can use left stick to lower only after AC has reached it's preset RTH height, and toggling S2 did not cancel RTH. Cancelling via app appeared to be the only way, but was quick, with just two quick taps (red x and 'ok' to confirm - no swipe to cancel). Of course that's under safe conditions in the sim, and not in a complete state of panic watching the AC climbing toward tree branches.

The quickest way is to toggle switch 1 to ATT mode. After that you can just put it back in P-mode and continue flying.

Had mine this morning wouldn't cancel rth. I moved all the switches and they changed but remote continued to beep. So I ended up letting it land and had to turn the remote off and back on to stop the beeping.

Were you at 10%? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it auto lands at 10% and you cannot cancel it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31