Can you take picures while recording video?

Reaction score
Hello, can you take some pictures with the "taking pictures button" whilst recording?
I tried and couldn´t...but maybe somehow...

thanks!

Hello, can you take some pictures with the "taking pictures button" whilst recording?

thanks!

Really no cause to if you have the software enabling you to take a screen capture. I use Pinnacle to do that but nearly all editing suites have the capability

No, but you can make a screen shot later.

SB
True but the resolution of the screen shot isn't as good as an actual picture , just something to think about...

Quicktime Pro can extract all the frames from a video into an image sequence. ( yeah, that could be lot of stills!! )

thanks!
If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. One of the tips is your question about taking stills, so perhaps there will be an additional tip or two you will find useful.

Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
Here's a frame grab I did from my video using PowerDirector 14 P3S.
Lighting-Strike.jpg

Thanks JoBe!
Got lucky catching this on video because the storm didn't last very long.
I didn't use Photoshop or any other programs on the picture. This is a single frame capture directly from the video using PowerDirector 14.
Phantom 3 Standard 2.7k video.

the first few flights I took with my P4P I had that capability, but since I have changed camera settings I must have changed the possibility to take pictures while video recording-- too bad no one has the settings info for that--

the first few flights I took with my P4P I had that capability, but since I have changed camera settings I must have changed the possibility to take pictures while video recording-- too bad no one has the settings info for that--
I didn't know that was ever possible with a P4. Thanks for letting us know.

I didn't know that was ever possible with a P4. Thanks for letting us know.
It's only available on the Phantom 4 Professional , not the regular Phantom 4

I fly a Mavic Pro, and the still shots are much better than frames from 4K video. So now when I want a still I kill the video, take still shot(s) then restart video. It would be much more convenient for the app/firmware to support this directly, and any Panasonic compact or travel camera can do.

I just use the photo viewer that comes with Windows 10. It allows full res captures that usually need to be compressed before sending or uploading unless you like to wait a long time. It also allows frame by frame to find the best shot. It looks fuzzy when you are trying to capture but afterwards the pic is as sharp as can be and just as sharp as the vid image.

The P4 Advanced and Pro models can take a still while shooting video, but you can only get a JPG file that is the same pixel dimensions as the video, not a raw DNG file in full dimensions.

The P4 Advanced and Pro models can take a still while shooting video, but you can only get a JPG file that is the same pixel dimensions as the video, not a raw DNG file in full dimensions.
Wow! That's great news as I can't remember seeing that in the manual for my P4 advanced. Can you please kindly advise how I take a photo mid video (on screen I have to switch from video to photo and I seem to remember that pressing the photo shoot button on the controller also stops the video?). Thanks a lot in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez