Can you combine the intelligent flight modes?

Reaction score
You can use "Spot" mode in Active Track, but can you combine the intelligent flight modes? (e.g. Spot + tripod? or Waypoint/Couse Lock + Active track?)

René, Denmark.

UPDATE: On DJI forum someone is mad as he can't use spot and tripod at the same time, so it seames that it is not possible at this time...

Last edited:
This would be a great feature. I would like to combine waypoints and point of interest.

No, can't be done.

However, the examples provided puzzle me... Active Track plus tripod? Why? The point of Tripod is all control gains are dialed WAY down, so that full stick on any control is extremely slow. As such, only something moving very slowly would even be capable of being tracked, or else AT will lose it rather quickly (and frequently). If it DOES move slow enough for Tripod mode to keep up with the subject, there's not need for the Tripod capability -- AT will track it's slow movements quite well.

If the issue is simple having the low-gain response from the control sticks while in active track, that can be set in the Advanced settings for the RC (EXP, GAIN, etc.). Dial them down, and you essentially have Tripod, but can use it with AT.

POIs with waypoints? Yes, that's exactly what Litchi does. Worth the thirty bucks. I do all my flying with it, don't even touch GO4 any more.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
No, can't be done.

However, the examples provided puzzle me... Active Track plus tripod? Why? The point of Tripod is all control gains are dialed WAY down, so that full stick on any control is extremely slow. As such, only something moving very slowly would even be capable of being tracked, or else AT will lose it rather quickly (and frequently). If it DOES move slow enough for Tripod mode to keep up with the subject, there's not need for the Tripod capability -- AT will track it's slow movements quite well.

If the issue is simple having the low-gain response from the control sticks while in active track, that can be set in the Advanced settings for the RC (EXP, GAIN, etc.). Dial them down, and you essentially have Tripod, but can use it with AT.

POIs with waypoints? Yes, that's exactly what Litchi does. Worth the thirty bucks. I do all my flying with it, don't even touch GO4 any more.

I have the p4p+ with the built in android screen. Are there any apps I can load on there? So far I haven't had any luck except flying the waypoints I saved, pausing, taking a photo and then resuming on the way point course. Problem is each photo is slightly different than the last time I flew. Does anyone know any solutions besides buying a different controller?

Last edited:
No, can't be done.

However, the examples provided puzzle me... Active Track plus tripod? Why?
- To fly like a pro crane shot / steadycam while passing by a non moving object and let the drone focus on the object... (Spotlight mode in the new FW - Like on Inspire 2.)

- If it's just the same as tripod mode that could be the way to go...

- May look in to that...

Last edited:
You can achieve these same results by simulating Tripod Mode by adjusting GAIN, EXP, and SENSITIVITY in the Advanced tab of the RC section in settings. In fact, Tripod Mode essentially just does exactly this.

Then, you can use Course Lock or Focus POI to keep the camera pointed at the subject while you pay attention to flying around really slow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik