Can you beat this distance?

Tried another range test today.got 11500 feet...2.2 miles at 300 feet altitude. Still had full signals when I turned around.
CE mode in uk with just a windsurfer mod.
Little drone amazes me more and more every day.
Hit almost 52 mph on outward trip but hit a serious 30mph headwind coming back.
Landed with 30% battery

You can get at least another kilometer easily. In fact you will likely get as far as the battery software will allow(it will hit the max no return point and RTH with just enough battery.) I did 12500 in 20 mph gusting to 27 mph before it initiated RTH and landed with 26% battery and in the red.

I wish you guys didnt have to learn the hard way not to fly out with the wind!! We've already learned those lessons the hard way for you!

I'm very aware if the wind and how it can kill your battery on return flight.
Il be keeping my distances a lot lower from now on

Today I tried to take mine out on s long flight. I was only able to get 8,205 ft at 392 ft altitude before I lost signal. RTH kicked in and when the RC connected again, I brought it back on my own. Any reason why I wouldn't get more distance than that. Kinda disappointed. I was out in an open field and nothing between me and the P3A. There were neighborhoods all around me.
Here is the areas where I was at.
301c7e058a3b3bfc1cdc0e0e95ef915d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

So you had boosters? Well thats why. No one should call fake on a booster run. Anyone with boosters could do that, the trick is to do it stock except for the antenna on the TX. Everything else doesn't count unless you are comparing to other boosted runs. Show us a stock run at that distance and we'll shake your hand.

No way to get distance flying straight towards Houston with all their wifi. Go the other way towards Rosharon and slightly south south west.

Reactions: mikecorn1
No way to get distance flying straight towards Houston with all their wifi. Go the other way towards Rosharon and slightly south south west.
My brother has gone out to @ 12,000 ft the same direction. But today he couldn't go pass about 4000'. We had both in the air at the same time going in the same direction. I will let him know what you said. He live in the area. I was visiting today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd how that works. I have flown in the same spot since I've had my drone but today I was getting an interference message and couldn't or didn't fly.

I have recently done 12500 plus from this exact spot in rural Canada.

Good luck with you all's attempt.

Reactions: mikecorn1
I just did 2091M out to sea ..
ca74bda4fc26948b17c951e7591aea81.jpg

Sent from iPhone 6 via PhantomPilots mobile app

How about mine? I went past 5km.... All bone stock.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1462135611.729089.jpg

Phantom 3 pro was stock, battery was stock, it was. It even 100% when I took off, it was 97%. No windsurfer not DBS antenna. Just the stock antenna pointed correctly.
Did not even plan to do this record, it was a spur of the moment decision, I took off and even hovered abit to adjust my gimbal roll. Came back with about 23% battery to spare.

Don't believe it? Watch my video.

Warning: yawn-inducing video.

Lemme know what you think!

Let me reiterate that I do not have any battery mods or antenna mods done to my craft. I bought the drone in August 2015. I'm not a techie or hands on person so I do not like opening my expensive toy and messing with the wires.

My craft is totally stock. Totally impressed by the Lightbridge technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: eBird
Hi, first post and my dji advance is coming in tomorrow, I ve been reading for a while now but did not know you could get better or worse range depending on the device you use.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How about mine? I went past 5km.... All bone stock.

View attachment 52310

Phantom 3 pro was stock, battery was stock, it was. It even 100% when I took off, it was 97%. No windsurfer not DBS antenna. Just the stock antenna pointed correctly.
Did not even plan to do this record, it was a spur of the moment decision, I took off and even hovered abit to adjust my gimbal roll. Came back with about 23% battery to spare.

Don't believe it? Watch my video.

Warning: yawn-inducing video.

Lemme know what you think!

Let me reiterate that I do not have any battery mods or antenna mods done to my craft. I bought the drone in August 2015. I'm not a techie or hands on person so I do not like opening my expensive toy and messing with the wires.

My craft is totally stock. Totally impressed by the Lightbridge technology.
Good flight. and very good for being stock. I've gone 18000 ft with just a wind surfer. I got cold feet so I turned around made it back with 22% battery.

That's pretty cool @Alan Russel.. Question.. What % was your battery @ when you decided to turn around for hm?? --- and what % was battery when u started the journey??

Much appreciated phxbird57

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3