Can this Futaba T8J be used with a Phantom v.1.1.1 ??

Reaction score
Would this be a good choice for use with the Phantom, and perhaps some other, larger quad copter in the future??

http://www.helipal.com/futaba-t8j-r2008 ... 4AodDBcAOg

Also (pardon my absolute ignorance) but will I need to use the included receiver, or is the Phantom capable of detecting the radio using its stock receiver? Those antenna leads look like my old R/C plane days...way longer than I want dangling from the Phantom!

Thanks for any help/advice.

PF

Yes,. the T8J is very popular. lots of video's online to help set it up with the Phantom (a few are mine :D)
but no, it does not work with the stock Phantom receiver, you'd need to install the Futaba Rx, which comes included in the box with the T8J.
you want the T8J Heli model tho, . which quite say in the link you provided.
but here's a better price (not sure about shipping) on the Heli model
http://www.helihobby.com/electronics/tr ... ystem.html

Thanks Gizmo3000! I snagged the LAST ONE! :D

After I've trained and gotten back my rusty old heli piloting skills, I may even go for a DJI Spread Wings S800. Gonna need a hefty Christmas bonus to afford THAT machine. Sigh...maybe when I retire and the wife and I have down-sized our current home.

PF

I have the same question, but I opened my 1.1.1 and noticed my 1.1.1 receiver has two 3 pin connections on it coming from the NAZA, the older version had a single lead going to the phantom receiver. So trying to use a S-BUS connection now has me puzzled. Does anyone know of someone who has this figured out. Can the 1.1.1 receiver be replace with the T8J receiver, if so can it still be done through the S-BUS port?

rickc said:
I have the same question, but I opened my 1.1.1 and noticed my 1.1.1 receiver has two 3 pin connections on it coming from the NAZA, the older version had a single lead going to the phantom receiver. So trying to use a S-BUS connection now has me puzzled. Does anyone know of someone who has this figured out. Can the 1.1.1 receiver be replace with the T8J receiver, if so can it still be done through the S-BUS port?

While I've not opened up a v1.1.1 Phantom, It appears that it uses a NAZA v2 unit.,. which is the same that's sold on it's own.
.which is what I use on my F450, which I've connected a Futaba Rx to via s-bus (just as I connected to my Phantom as well).

So yes, while for some reason the newer Phantom Rx has 3 wires,. I think it's still just plugged into the S-bus as well.
so it's definitely do-able.

I traced the two leads off of the 1.1.1 receiver and they run to X2 and X3 on the NAZA.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic