Installing a NAZA lite in a Phantom v.1.1.1 - Possible??

Reaction score
I inadvertently posted this question in the Vision sub-forum. Will delete that one. Anybody have an answer for me??

I have a v.1.1.1 Phantom that I have NO intention of accessorizing. In fact, I'll probably end up gifting it to my son, age 27, in the spring. He has been doing well flying it, despite no prior R/C experience.

I AM building a DJI F450 with high performance motors and hot ESC's. I had planned on simply moving over the NAZA-Lite flight controller to the F450 build from my Jumper 600...but I'm thinking that the F450 WOULD be a better platform to have the option to accessorize with a gimble and camera. I even bought the extended DJI landing gear for it in anticipation of possibly doing that down the road...

So...can I remove the NAZA from the Phantom and replace it with the NAZA-Lite flight controller as a direct swap? Anyone envision any problems with me doing that??? The advantage would be obvious if I could do it. My son has no interest in installing a gimble and camera in the Phantom, either...he just wants a fun-flier and trainer aircraft.

I, OTOH, would like to retain the option of a gimble and camera for the F450 build in the future. Opinions??? Can this swap be done hassle free?? I get that the Phantom will then have to use the NAZA-Lite Assistant software - but beyond that, are there any control, electrical or radio issues that might be encountered?? Physical space within the Phantom should not be a consideration I'm guessing, since the two units are essentially identical in dimensions.

Opinions wanted!

PF

I put a naza lite in my phantom and it works just the same...Only difference is the right switch is limited to GPS..Atti and manual...Also the firmward doesn't seem to get updated..still on 1.0 ZDAWG

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. Guess I'll do all the updating before the swap.

PF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20