Can Imovie Export 2.7k Video?

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a Phantom 3 Standard. I use Imovie version 10.0.0.6 (cannot upgrade to most recent version on my laptop.)

For Youtube I export from Imovie with quality set to Best(ProRes), and resolution at 1920x1080. As far as I know these are the best possible settings in Imovie, and create giant file size even for small clips.

When I play the video on Youtube I am always a bit disappointed with quality - it's obviously suffering due to the compression.

Youtube is recognising my videos as 1080P. My question is, can Imovie export at 2.7K? I have to admit I'm confused by the jargon.

Here is a 2.7K film taken with a GoPro. Youtube is recognising it as '1440P.' Why isn't my video 1440P? I have to admit the GoPro footage in this video is vastly superior to my Youtube Phantom footage.

IMovie can export up to 4K. When you see compression in YouTube, it is caused by your internet connection. The better the connection the better the video.

YouTube supports up to 1080p, so going higher will not help.

Reactions: dronezone1010
I admit to being a newbie pilot, but I am starting to get the hang of it. What has me as confused as a milkman in a crematory is all the instructions involving the camera's operation. I thought you just pressed a button and it started to record. Silly me! Nothing is simple about this. How do I know which gimbal operation mode to select? The instruction manual is as clear as mud. If anyone out there can offer a simple set of instructions for a simple minded yo-yo, I would be glad to hear it.

I admit to being a newbie pilot, but I am starting to get the hang of it. What has me as confused as a milkman in a crematory is all the instructions involving the camera's operation. I thought you just pressed a button and it started to record. Silly me! Nothing is simple about this. How do I know which gimbal operation mode to select? The instruction manual is as clear as mud. If anyone out there can offer a simple set of instructions for a simple minded yo-yo, I would be glad to hear it.

This might help, I haven't looked at them yet.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4