Can i remove all the cameras and fly ???

Reaction score
I know, I know, why ? Well, I smuggle meth in from Mexico and ......JUST KIDDING.
I picked up a flir. Plus I have better cameras.
I know Dronenerds used to remove the down cameras from the rear and mount flir there.
Not flying indoors so that helps. I noticed the down cameras housing getting warm so there should be battery saving in its removal. One would think all cameras could go but these are complicated machines.
Thanks. P3 Pro btw.

• Haha
Reactions: brigerdrones
I know, I know, why ? Well, I smuggle meth in from Mexico and ......JUST KIDDING.
I know Dronenerds used to remove the down cameras from the rear and mount flir there.
Not flying indoors so that helps. I noticed the down cameras housing getting warm so there should be battery saving in its removal. One would think all cameras could go but these are complicated machines.
Thanks. P3 Pro btw.
Yeh can remove cam ,,any future linking wont be possible due to no cam,,I've heard they pretty quick after cam removed due to less weight,,but not a racing drone as you know,,

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Thanks. P3 Pro btw.
You may also lose some of your telemetry and the drone/battery will take longer to power down.

I do just that with a P3Advanced to fly instruments aloft for collecting atmospheric data. With the camera removed, the space between the legs makes a great place to mount an instrument cluster or other payload. In testing I concluded that the stock drone with camera still attached could safely fly a payload of 480 grams, and that it was decidedly unsafe with 595 grams. In between those numbers depends on what you consider safe. The camera and gimbal weighs 205 grams so with it removed you've got a good 685 grams (24 ounces) to play with.

I do just that with a P3Advanced to fly instruments aloft for collecting atmospheric data. With the camera removed, the space between the legs makes a great place to mount an instrument cluster or other payload. In testing I concluded that the stock drone with camera still attached could safely fly a payload of 480 grams, and that it was decidedly unsafe with 595 grams. In between those numbers depends on what you consider safe. The camera and gimbal weighs 205 grams so with it removed you've got a good 685 grams (24 ounces) to play with.

Good info J C , thanks. Did you remove the down facing cameras in rear also.
I figured I'd do a flight time test in a safe area.

Good info J C , thanks. Did you remove the down facing cameras in rear also.
I figured I'd do a flight time test in a safe area.
No, I was more interested in space than weight and taking the main camera off did what I needed. Frankly, I've never activated the collision detection feature - it might even be turned off. With the camera removed and a 420 gram (15 ounce) load I use about a half a battery charge to fly slowly straight up to 700 feetand back (under a FAA waiver).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan