Can I put a tracking device or alarm on my drone?

Reaction score
I have a lot of fields around where I want to fly. Just wondering in case I go down is there any way to put a tracking device on the drone so I can track it.

Or an alarm so I could hear it if it goes down in tall corn or something,,,lol.

I have the Trackimo and it works good. Sends out a signal every minute to the cell towers so you can log in and find out where your downed bird is. I highly recommend the 3D-printed holder from Gimbal Guard as well.

The audible alarm is a good idea and I wonder why nobody makes a GPS tracker with a remote-activated alarm. Would make it easy to find your bird in thick weeds once the GPS narrows it down to a 100'x100' area.

I used to have a Flytrex Live 3G on my P3P. It has a carrying box you mount under the leg screws, and a circuit board and wires that intercept the drone's data stream (location, speed, altitude, etc) and pass it on to the camera/gimbal. The data the board siphons off is sent by the Flytrex via a 3G cellular connection to Flytrex's servers. Flytrex has iOS and Android apps and a website that present all of this information over a moving map. A flying buddy and I (separated by 700mi) mainly used it to keep track of each other's flying, and figured it would send info on the drone's last location via cellular, in case it ever went down.

Flytrex seems to have completely lost interest in this kind of system, and they've not developed anything past this P3P kit :-( The app still works, the servers are still up, and in fact Flytrex still sells this kit. I loved it while I had a P3P!

I'll mail it to anyone who wants it for free, a trade would be appreciated if you've got something cool, but no biggie! A SIM card and account cost me $10 a month.

Drones & Quadcopters Tracker | Flytrex Shop

Last edited:
I have a lot of fields around where I want to fly. Just wondering in case I go down is there any way to put a tracking device on the drone so I can track it.
You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

Flytrex seems to have completely lost interest in this kind of system, and they've not developed anything past this P3P kit :-( The app still works, the servers are still up, and in fact Flytrex still sells this kit. I loved it while I had a P3P!

I'll mail it to anyone who wants it for free, a trade would be cool if you've got something cool, but no biggie! A SIM card and account cost me $10 a month.

I'm interested in that Flytrex you got. I had the Flytrex 2G on my P2V+ but it was very unreliable due to spotty 2G coverage in the U.S.

Should I PM you about getting your 3G unit?

I'm interested in that Flytrex you got. I had the Flytrex 2G on my P2V+ but it was very unreliable due to spotty 2G coverage in the U.S.

Should I PM you about getting your 3G unit?

Sure, email me. I have a gmail.com account, username crab453. Hopefully that makes sense lol, don't want spam crawlers grabbing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan