Can I fly in Davenport

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm from Canada and I'll be going to Florida in a couple months for vacations. I've been looking into the laws and regulations in Orlando and, pretty much just like Canada, the laws are very restrictive.

I'm going to be in a place called Davenport. Does anybody know if the Orlando laws applies to Daveport as well? Can I fly my Phantom 3 Standard there?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Reactions: TerKelDing
Hey guys

I'm from Canada and I'll be going to Florida in a couple months for vacations. I've been looking into the laws and regulations in Orlando and, pretty much just like Canada, the laws are very restrictive.

I'm going to be in a place called Davenport. Does anybody know if the Orlando laws applies to Daveport as well? Can I fly my Phantom 3 Standard there?

Thanks guys!

Cheers
Hey there,

Welcome to FL for your visit!

I live in Daytona Beach right now but we are moving to Davenport in a month or so. Of course, I have already checked the maps and for the most part, there are lots of open spaces for flying in that area. I don't know the area well enough (yet) to give any good recommendations but checking Hover and AirMap it looks good. Almost no place to fly here in Daytona so it will be a nice change. You will be fairly close to MCO in Orlando, KSM Kissimmee Gateway Airport closer to Davenport and a little further down is Bartow. Just check the maps and you will see the areas.

Hey there,

Welcome to FL for your visit!

I live in Daytona Beach right now but we are moving to Davenport in a month or so. Of course, I have already checked the maps and for the most part, there are lots of open spaces for flying in that area. I don't know the area well enough (yet) to give any good recommendations but checking Hover and AirMap it looks good. Almost no place to fly here in Daytona so it will be a nice change. You will be fairly close to MCO in Orlando, KSM Kissimmee Gateway Airport closer to Davenport and a little further down is Bartow. Just check the maps and you will see the areas.

Hey thanks!

That's a bummer about Daytona Beach. I'm planning on going there as well. Where would be a good place to fly and get some breath taking shots in Daytona Beach? In a place I can fly :)

Also, we're going to be renting a Harley Davidson to go to Daytona Beach, is there a nice place you can suggest so we could do a nice aerial shots ridding the bikes?

Thanks bud!

Reactions: TerKelDing
Hey thanks!

That's a bummer about Daytona Beach. I'm planning on going there as well. Where would be a good place to fly and get some breath taking shots in Daytona Beach? In a place I can fly :)

Also, we're going to be renting a Harley Davidson to go to Daytona Beach, is there a nice place you can suggest so we could do a nice aerial shots ridding the bikes?

Thanks bud!

Hey!

For the Daytona area, I would recommend somewhere along A1A between Ormond Beach and Flagler Beach/St Augustine. It is a beautiful drive along the coast line and if you look at the maps on Hover, Airmap, etc you will see plenty of open areas to fly. If you are renting a Harley when you get to this area, the huge Harley Dealership, Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona, is just a few miles from this area and would be convenient. They are friends of mine actually and it is one of the largest Harley dealerships in the country so I am sure you would get a rental there.

Along that stretch os A1A, if you are lucky, you will catch the kite surfers mostly on the weekends too. Lots of good little mom and pop places for local food and such. I love that area!

While I live in Orlando, the earlier replies concerning airmaps is appropriate as far as the FAA is concerned, and you should have good airspace in the immediate Davenport area. While I haven't looked at a sectional, the closest ATC airports, Kissimmee and Winter Haven Amphibious are well beyond 5 miles. While that is referencing the immediate Davenport area, would need to be aware as you travel around the State. Now concerning local laws, you asked if Orlando Laws would apply to Davenport. NO! Davenport is in Polk County while Orlando is in Orange County, so they wouldn't have jurisdiction. However, Davenport is in an area known as "four corners" where Polk, Osceola, Lake and Orange counties meet, so generally know the area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl