Can I even take off?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I had intended on using a phantom 3 to take pictures of my completed construction projects; most of my work is near U.S. zip code 22311.

Looking on the no fly zone map it appears I will not be able to even take off anywhere near where I live and work.

Could anyone shed some light on the meaning of the "special zone" and what it would mean for me?

Thank you for reading

Hello all,

I had intended on using a phantom 3 to take pictures of my completed construction projects; most of my work is near U.S. zip code 22311.

Looking on the no fly zone map it appears I will not be able to even take off anywhere near where I live and work.

Could anyone shed some light on the meaning of the "special zone" and what it would mean for me?

Thank you for reading

Go to the Feds and get a permit..

What if you fly in ATTI mode and use a tether? I've got a similar circumstance with my P2V v.3.

So from what I've gathered it seems like I won't even be able to fire up the motors- is this correct?
Will the device be completely disabled due to its proximity to the special no-fly zone?

There was a thread a while back regarding flying a P2 next to an airport, in a hanger. Blocking the GPS signal he was able to fly in ATTI. That might work outside with the P3, I have no idea. Doesn't sound good for your intended use.

Correct. Programing within the Phantom 3 will not allow you. Lots of areas even when you have permission from air traffic control. If the bird knows where you are and within a no fly zone it wont start. You can turn on the camera and take pictures and videos. Just not fly.

My advice. Don't try to work around a way to fly it there.
If you fly in that area, you're adding to the list of people damaging the hobby.
Just my opinion.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Wrong choice of drone I'm afraid, you would be better off with a different brand, it may not be legal but it's probably what I'd do.

Get a P2V+ running 1.08 firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers