Can i create a custom flight path and dont have to controll the drone manually at all?

I'm trying to implement drones in my business, and the thing i want them to do is, they have to film 360 degrees, then they have to go down for a few meters and film 360 degrees again, and so on for a few times, and after, fly straight up back to the top. And they have to do that in a small and closed area (its a cylinder, 5m diameter and about 20m high), so im guessing the connection between the app controlling it and the drone itself will not work properly. So, can i create a custom flight path that do that? You guys recommend any drone specifically? And the app to control and program the flight path, you guys recommend anything aswell? Im sorry if my english isnt good, its not my native language.
It almost sounds like you are doing a 3D scan of something like an statue etc. I would recommend looking at Drone Harmony, FREE, under Manual way points. Fly to pick points that are along your desired path, then smooth and fly with video on. As your flight envelope is very tight, I also assume you will use something like Pix4D, (test it under a trial license and compare it to other software), to process the model. If this is your workflow, watch the tutorials on manual tie points, (Pix4D), and all of the tutorials for DH to make up for GPS error. If you are just shooting video, the results should meet your needs. A P4P should do the job and remember Drone Harmony and Pix4D.

How experienced are you? I've not used Litchi, but from reviewers I've spoken to and read, I've noticed there's a pretty decent 50/50 split on using it for the added benefits it can provid vs. lack of understanding/control (particularly with newer users) who are either using the wrong software/device and find that its buggy and the result is a crash (etc). So to add my 2 cents, I'd only investigate the option after you're well and truly comfortable using DJI Go and all modes, manual and auto RTH and then graduate to litchi to achieve your goal.

If you're just inspecting it and not trying to do any kind of 3D mapping, why not start a video and either start at the top and slow spiral down or start at the bottom and slow spiral up? Or did I miss something?

I think without gps he would be flying basically in atti mode with only only 7' between the bird and the wall, and possibly only a dimly lit screen for guidance when down 60 feet. He had better be a pretty good pilot. Better than me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl