Can I buy a Pro controller to control a Pro + ?

Reaction score
I am starting to loathe my pro + controller because it causes so much issues. Wondering if I can purchase the pro controller and connect that instead when I want to.

Yes, you can also use the P4P remote controller.

Great! A few questions.
  1. The quadcopter is exactly the same between the Pro and Pro+?
  2. What will I retain/lose? Basically all settings will need to be readjusted? If I swap back my old controller, will I get my previous settings back?
  3. I have never unpaired the stock Pro+ controller. Once unpaired, is it easy to re-pair?
  4. Will it basically fix all the problems I've had with the Android issues that everyone's having with their Pro+?

The quadcopter is exactly the same between the Pro and Pro+?
Yes.

What will I retain/lose? Basically all settings will need to be readjusted? If I swap back my old controller, will I get my previous settings back?
Most of the settings are not stored on the mobile device. The few that are will need to be set on all mobile devices.

I have never unpaired the stock Pro+ controller. Once unpaired, is it easy to re-pair?
It takes about 10 seconds to pair the remote controller.

Will it basically fix all the problems I've had with the Android issues that everyone's having with their Pro+?
I'm not sure which issues you're facing.

I went this route so I could have the option to use either depending on the job/need. However, as soon as I got the normal controller, the Pro+ one never came back out of the box.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I went this route as well. While the P4P+ is okay, it's inability to install 3rd party apps is ridicules. The standard P4P controller and an iPad Mini is perfect for me.

I went this route as well. While the P4P+ is okay, it's inability to install 3rd party apps is ridicules. The standard P4P controller and an iPad Mini is perfect for me.

Yep. iPad Mini is the perfect fit and size for flying. I think Apple is about to release an iPad Mini Pro, so I'm looking forward to that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl