Can I bring my Phantom 4 to These Asian Countries?

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots!

I've been browsing here for quite a while now and I could honestly say thanks for all your insight. Many of the topics discussed here really bring my aerial shots to the next level. But anyway that's just off topic.

OT: I'm thinking of traveling a bunch next year. I'm planning on going to Iceland in January, I've done some research and many have said they had no problems bringing their drones in. But I'm also planning a trip to the following Asian countries:

Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Vietnam.

I'm not flying all over there and I'm planning on taking a boat to get to some of those locations. My concern is when entering and leaving those countries to go back to home would I have any issues with my drone? Any have any experience with the security there? Should I just leave my drone back at home? I live in New York City so the airport I'll be departing from will most likely by JFK.

Thanks in advance for your help,
George

[tQUOTE="George Chen, post: 988953, member: 76630"]Hello Phantom Pilots!

I've been browsing here for quite a while now and I could honestly say thanks for all your insight. Many of the topics discussed here really bring my aerial shots to the next level. But anyway that's just off topic.

OT: I'm thinking of traveling a bunch next year. I'm planning on going to Iceland in January, I've done some research and many have said they had no problems bringing their drones in. But I'm also planning a trip to the following Asian countries:

I'm not flying all over there and I'm planning on taking a boat to get to some of those locations. My concern is when entering and leaving those countries to go back to home would I have any issues with my drone? Any have any experience with the security there? Should I just leave my drone back at home? I live in New York City so the airport I'll be departing from will most likely by JFK.

George[/QUOTE]
atleast it's allowed in Thailand and Hong Kong, I don't know about the others.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: George Chen
[tQUOTE="George Chen, post: 988953, member: 76630"]Hello Phantom Pilots!

George

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots[/QUOTE]

Thanks! So I shouldn't run into any trouble with the security there? I'd hate for my first drone to be confiscated :/

Thanks! So I shouldn't run into any trouble with the security there? I'd hate for my first drone to be confiscated :/[/QUOTE]

You should be fine:) But of course, dont blame me if something happens:)

I just got back from the Philippines and I wasn't even questioned once (Newark Airport to Narita Airport/Tokyo to NAIA/Manila and the local airport in Coron). They are very drone-friendly. I traveled to Coron, Palawan and while going on island-hopping tours, there were 3 other Phantom flyers buzzing around besides me.

I just got back from the Philippines and I wasn't even questioned once (Newark Airport to Narita Airport/Tokyo to NAIA/Manila and the local airport in Coron). They are very drone-friendly. I traveled to Coron, Palawan and while going on island-hopping tours, there were 3 other Phantom flyers buzzing around besides me.

Wow, sounds like you got one heck of a trip! Thanks for the information. This will definitely give me some confidence for me to go through the security with my drone on my back.

also check with each airline about the batteries, they normally list that info in their websites. Most allow them in carry-ons, however during my last trip to spain, i found out air-europa didnt allow lipo batteries of this size anywhere, nor checked luggage or carry-on, while iberia had no problems with them as long as they were with you in the cabin.

That's what I like to hear, I'll be in the Philippines next summer with my girlfriend.

also check with each airline about the batteries, they normally list that info in their websites. Most allow them in carry-ons, however during my last trip to spain, i found out air-europa didnt allow lipo batteries of this size anywhere, nor checked luggage or carry-on, while iberia had no problems with them as long as they were with you in the cabin.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely do that.

No problems in Thailand, apart of the city of Bangkok, there you need permission to fly a drone.

But no problems bringing it in?

No, not at all.
Left Thailand in August and returned in September this year with my P3P in a back bag at Airport Suvarnabhum.
Neither departure nor arrival created any problems.

Enjoy your SEA trip and make sure you have enough digital storage in your luggage.

Thanks so much for your information. I'll make sure to have enough storage for all my travels!

VN has drone laws, but no one knows about it. I flew 4yrs ago when GoPros were popular in the skies.
You need to apply for a permit 2 weeks in advance from the Ministry of Defense (MOD). I tried to get a permit last year but they didn't get back to me. In that same week, a person from the USA that lived there for 7yrs got deported immediately for flying in a military zone. Due to the publicity, the authorities were on high alert. I decided it was best not take the drone.

Anyways, It's best to fly stealth and keep away from any military zones or government buildings. Just research the area before flight.
If you do get caught, just pack up, apologise and slip them $100,000 dong ($5 bucks, half a days work) and they might let you and your drone off with a happy ending.

Reactions: George Chen
VN has drone laws, but no one knows about it. I flew 4yrs ago when GoPros were popular in the skies.
You need to apply for a permit 2 weeks in advance from the Ministry of Defense (MOD). I tried to get a permit last year but they didn't get back to me. In that same week, a person from the USA that lived there for 7yrs got deported immediately for flying in a military zone. Due to the publicity, the authorities were on high alert. I decided it was best not take the drone.

Anyways, It's best to fly stealth and keep away from any military zones or government buildings. Just research the area before flight.
If you do get caught, just pack up, apologise and slip them $100,000 dong ($5 bucks, half a days work) and they might let you and your drone off with a happy ending.

LMAOO that sounds so sketch though. Like what if they charge me with attempting to bribe a police officer??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.