Can I ask a really newb question about antennas ?

Reaction score
So I have the argtek installed in a p3 standard - my max so far in early testing is about 2600ft but I was in a wifi heavy area.

What I've been reading and learning is now that I have the antenna ports I can pretty much use any 5.8ghz antenna for RC.

So am I able to put any 5.8ghz antenna for testing ? Helical antennas for 4-5-6 turns - rhcp? Lhcp? Am I limited to certain antennas at this point ?

Yes sir, you are correct. You can use any antenna for your 5.8, but ideally you'd use an antenna that has the best chance of working most ideal. So you'd want an antenna designed for 5.8. And ideally you'd want an antenna with polarity that matches the antenna on your bird. Since the stock antenna on your bird is vertical polarity, you'd probably find that the same type would work on your controller best. OTOH if you changed the antenna on your bird, maybe CP would work even better?

I got to 2700 feet with argtek but I lost Rc completely and had full bars of video signal - going to get an Alfa 10dbi panel to test RC distance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic