Bird side antennas for the 5.8ghz side?

Reaction score
So, now that I've upgraded the 2.4ghz birdside (I am extremely happy with the results) , I want to dabble with the 5.8ghz. Anyone have any ideas or links to something? I have the ITELITE panel antenna on the RC. I was thinking about just making the same thing for the 5.8ghz, but scaled down for 5.8ghz, but then I measured the factory antennas and they are already a similar style dipole. just like this:

dipole-antenna-inside-fpv-video-transmitter-5-8ghz-600x337.jpg

The 2.4ghz bird side ones I did:

Homemade dipole antennas for 2.4ghz

What is your max (really) actual range ?

My record is 2700 feet (last night), but I live in an extremely extremely congested wifi area. Once summer hits, I will take my boat out to an island in the middle of the lake where there is absolutely zero wifi and I'll get some real tests. Before this homemade 2.4ghz bird side mod, my video would be completely lost at 2200 feet.

I hope you get some tips on this thread.....or if the antennas on the bird are as good as it gets......

I think you haven't booster right?, i put a booster and this really was a upgrade, from 200-300m and BTH to +1000M (today) and apparently more distance allowed

Reactions: Matts175
I think you haven't booster right?, i put a booster and this really was a upgrade, from 200-300m and BTH to +1000M (today) and apparently more distance allowed

No amplifier yet, if that what you meant by "booster". I may end up doing that some day. Was just wondering if there was an easier/cheaper way first.

No amplifier yet, if that what you meant by "booster". I may end up doing that some day. Was just wondering if there was an easier/cheaper way first.
You do realize the 5.8 GHz antenna are connected to the board in the drone, so you'll need to open her up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub