Can anyone tell me what the jitter is in my videos?

You said that you have noticed the jitter in all of your videos. Has it been that way since it was new? I'm asking because something commonly overlooked with a new P3 is a small piece of foam behind the gimbal. Accidentally leaving that small piece of foam in place results in a jitter similar to what is in your video.

I know it's a long shot and I realize that's not the only reason for jitter, but it's something easy to check.

Good luck sir!

First of all I want to thank Oso and all of you who pitched in to help solve my problem. I'm happy to say it's now resolved and you can crown me the biggest DA in the room for overlooking the obvious. The culprit was the infamous shipping foam that was placed behind the gimbal. I had seen a mention of that before, looked closely at the gimbal, but did not notice it. After reading another thread on the shaking issue I discovered that many folks had gone for some time with that foam still in place and when it was removed it solved everything. I would have thought that the gimbal calibration would have failed because it's movement was somewhat impaired but I guess not. It might also be a good item for a service bulletin that would be distributed to all registered owners. I just hope that nine months of being restricted hasn't damaged anything.

Here's a video of a before and after flight around my neighborhood.

Before

After

Reactions: Oso
First of all I want to thank Oso and all of you who pitched in to help solve my problem. I'm happy to say it's now resolved and you can crown me the biggest DA in the room for overlooking the obvious. The culprit was the infamous shipping foam that was placed behind the gimbal. I had seen a mention of that before, looked closely at the gimbal, but did not notice it. After reading another thread on the shaking issue I discovered that many folks had gone for some time with that foam still in place and when it was removed it solved everything. I would have thought that the gimbal calibration would have failed because it's movement was somewhat impaired but I guess not. It might also be a good item for a service bulletin that would be distributed to all registered owners. I just hope that nine months of being restricted hasn't damaged anything.

Here's a video of a before and after flight around my neighborhood.

Before

After
Unbelievable! Oso asked that question immediately on Friday. We were all researching an answer so you wouldn't have to send it back. At least if you did send it in, it would have had the shipping foam installed ;)
So now you've learned to important things; toss the packing foam (in the manual) and keep the antennas parallel (also in the manual).
Happy flying!

RTFM has always been the advice I have given others but apparently I have not followed my own guidance. I actually saw the suggestion regarding checking for the foam earlier and I looked for it but did not see the it. The piece has a red sticker with a yellow triangle on it and very small print and I thought it was cautioning one not to disturb that area. I guess I should have gotten out my magnifying glass and read it.

So yes, I did learn a few things in the thread and I'll always keep my antennas pointing upward. The foam on the other hand is gone for good.

Thanks again for your patience.

No wonder why I have the diarrhea so much. My nerves are only good for keeping me from being full of s4!t. lol!

I guess I need to approach these things with a different type of attack from now on. I always eliminated the obvious from the get-go. But I see I'm going to need to rethink that from now on.

No wonder why I have the diarrhea so much. My nerves are only good for keeping me from being full of s4!t. lol!

I guess I need to approach these things with a different type of attack from now on. I always eliminated the obvious from the get-go. But I see I'm going to need to rethink that from now on.

flyNfrank. you need to relax and not let us noobs rile you up so much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20