Can any drones do stunts like this?

Reaction score
So the dude operating this RC helicopter makes it do things that are seemingly impossible -- I'm convinced the helicopter is possessed as it's getting tossed around like a rag doll (skip to 30 seconds to get to the good stuff):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seen quadcopters do loops and flips, but is it possible for a drone to do stunts?

I have to assume the answer is no as I expect the reason the helicopter can do those stunts is the result of being able to change the angle of attack of the blades via the remote.

Never seen anyone going for such stunts with drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Geeeeeezz, Not his first BBQ, I have not seen any quad do as mutch as this guy can do.

Some of the how it can it do that is here:

Tail rotor with a swash-plate helps a lot too. Some drone racers are pretty amazing too, but I don't think they have the capabilities of the heli free-flighters though.

Szabo, I think, was/is a world champ helicopter free-flight expert with a sizable sponsorship. Some of his 60 scale gas copters prior to the electrics was pretty amazing too when he'd auto-rotor them back by his side once they ran out of gas high in the air. Some of those radios are in the $5K range too.

Reactions: SilverStone641
While some or many of those actions are not possible with multirotor, I have seen some amazing flying by some talented folks.

I've seen quadcopters do loops and flips, but is it possible for a drone to do stunts?

I have to assume the answer is no as I expect the reason the helicopter can do those stunts is the result of being able to change the angle of attack of the blades via the remote.[/QUOTE]

Check this, it can do anything, even land power off:

This is what makes CP-helis so much fun.

Rebuilding during the very long learning curve gets old.

Check this, it can do anything, even land power off:

Holy cow, so there are some quads that have variable angle blades.

I love that second video -- I've always wanted to see what the controller was doing, and what's weird is I was expecting the operator to need eight arms, but it looks lie he's barely moving the sticks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed_2020
So the dude operating this RC helicopter makes it do things that are seemingly impossible -- I'm convinced the helicopter is possessed as it's getting tossed around like a rag doll (skip to 30 seconds to get to the good stuff):

I have to assume the answer is no as I expect the reason the helicopter can do those stunts is the result of being able to change the angle of attack of the blades via the remote.
Sure, they can be photo shopped like that :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Holy cow, so there are some quads that have variable angle blades.

I love that second video -- I've always wanted to see what the controller was doing, and what's weird is I was expecting the operator to need eight arms, but it looks lie he's barely moving the sticks.

Did you notice the special rudder control? It has a knob to be turned.

I would like something similar to control the Phantom camera. Imagine the flight controls remain the same, but if you want the camera (the drone itself, of course) to turn around, simply turn that knob (not affecting the flight path).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic