Can a GoPro HERO be used on H3-2D?

No. The HERO's waterproof housing cannot be removed, so it wouldn't fit in the Zenmuse Gimbal, whether it is a H3-2D or H3-3D or H4-3D

No. The HERO's waterproof housing cannot be removed, so it wouldn't fit in the Zenmuse Gimbal, whether it is a H3-2D or H3-3D or H4-3D
Thank you, is there any other camera I can use? right now GoPro only offers Hero4 silver, black, and sessions.
If not I would have to buy a old expensive camera instead a new one with better specs.

You might be able to use a HERO4. I know they work on H3-3D but not sure about 2D... Look into it!

If I understand your question, which has nothing to do with the case, but if an old HERO can be used with a gimble meant for a new GoPro.

I have not tried it, but am also interested in the answer.
I believe it should work, the differences would be weight distribution within the camera. Which might put more of a strain on one of the gimble motors.

No, not the Hero 1, the new GoPro HERO (dark gray). It's permanently attached to the waterproof housing.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Might be a bit early in the piece to ask the question but here goes. I have a P2 which I've recently bought a DJI Zenmuse H4-3D 3-Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal for (not yet installed). The seller assured me that this gimble will work with the P2, (can anyone confirm this?) But mainly I was wondering if the new GoPro Hero 5 camera which doesn't have the bulky case might be able to work with this setup? Any comments appreciated!

Might be a bit early in the piece to ask the question but here goes. I have a P2 which I've recently bought a DJI Zenmuse H4-3D 3-Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal for (not yet installed). The seller assured me that this gimble will work with the P2, (can anyone confirm this?) But mainly I was wondering if the new GoPro Hero 5 camera which doesn't have the bulky case might be able to work with this setup? Any comments appreciated!

Hi Carl,

Your question is a bit old and I believe it was already answered. Since you have the zenmuse gimbal any of the GoPro cameras 3, 3+ and hero 4 will fit on the gimbal with the exception of the new hero 5. There is no need for the waterproof case for the GoPro cameras as all three mentioned cameras fit right onto the gimbal.

There is much info on the hero 5 connections so I will assume they are using the micro hdmi for video instead of a USB connector which is used to charge the battery. Being that it is new no one has really mentioned which connectors are being used and for what purpose.

Has anyone used the camera FC200 with a transmitter type immersion 600mw ? My camera does not send images by WiFi to the phone and I wanted to install with a 5.8GHz transmitter; Thanks if you can help me

Its unlikely you can use anything other than the DJI range extender with the FC200, the camera is a self contained unit which broadcasts its FPV etc on 2.4GHZ WIFI and most of the Immersion gear is 5.8GHZ.

Plus there is no way to output the video feed to a seperate WIFI transmitter unless you know a way to tap the boards inside and work out what is the output feed etc.

I have a zenmuse 3d gimbal that works with Hero 4. It works great a GoPro camera gimbal, but if the video plays on the H3-2D gimbal, you have to build a system before flying. What I want to do is first make sure the correct frequency and frequency of your video transmitter is in place and try to find the best one.

right up my alley on this topic , (back story ) haven't been doing much flying but got the bug since my youngest moved home . i have the P 2 with the zenmuse 3x2 gimbal ., i had a gopro 3 blk. worked fine long ago . started looking for a new one and found a deal on the gopro 4 blk. ask around and people said it would fit . so i bought it and now it fits but i get no picture on my monitor . telemetry is there and gimbal works just no picture .. my question is can i make this work or do i buy 3 x 3 ? any input would help .

right up my alley on this topic , (back story ) haven't been doing much flying but got the bug since my youngest moved home . i have the P 2 with the zenmuse 3x2 gimbal ., i had a gopro 3 blk. worked fine long ago . started looking for a new one and found a deal on the gopro 4 blk. ask around and people said it would fit . so i bought it and now it fits but i get no picture on my monitor . telemetry is there and gimbal works just no picture .. my question is can i make this work or do i buy 3 x 3 ? any input would help .

WELL i guess i need this anybody got a hookup ? zenmuse h3-3d gopro video cable kit 56

Well, the hero 4 will work using the 30 pin connector as the GP 3 use to because the pin configuration was changed. Seems DJI didn't ask GoPro for permission to build their gimbal around that connector so GP changed how the Hero 4 worked. That's what happens when one is caught with their hand in the cooky jar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20