Can a battery operated wifi repeater be used with p3 adv/pro

get a hold of the Team Black Sheep guys... they know all the tricks to get you there... one of the advantages to a fixed wing solution is they use fold back props and let the wing
fly without using the battery... that extentd the range... With a Quad you don't have the luxury of being able to soar... you have to keep the motors running... I have one bird
that uses four 5.8 5800 batts... you have to build your own power grid to handle that kind of current.... if you are interested most of those guys hang out over in the multirotor forums site.. MultiRotorForums.com
Thanks, I was thinking about it today and thought I would send the an email
to see what they suggest.
If you go to custom build, you're resolution will be nowhere near as good as the P3. Not good if you want to use it to identify objects on the ground. You're going from 720p to 480i. And that 480i is analog and will not be nearly as clear as a digital transmission.

I would consider instead using some of the booster options for the P3 like FPVLR. You'll be in the air faster and it should get you the range you need and in HD. If that's not working, you need to raise yourself (or just the antennas) up in the air. Get to the highest vantage point you can. Your range will increase dramatically.
Yeah, I was wondering about the video quality. I bought the phantom for the job because it was the best video/range for the $$ that I could find.

Definitely hard to beat lightbridge.

The need for better range quality isn't drastically urgent at this stage but I can see that in the future it will be the next step.

The P3 Pro & Advanced use Lightbridge. They don't use Wi-Fi so a Wi-Fi repeater will be of no use.

I can regularly get out fair distances, but was wondering if a battery operated wifi repeater
Can be placed out in the paddock when I look for cattle to extend the flying and fpv range.

Imagine a box with a dot in the middle.

Box represents paddock, dot represents wifi reapeater.

Another dot at the edge of box represents me wth rc.

Will this work?

Thanks.

Ok, do, let's assume you achieve what you want on your 80.000 acres. Then you post how you did it. Then some bright spark who is not lucky to live in the middle of 80.000 acres does it. Eg he lives in the middle of a city or town. In the process breaking every rule that exists. What then. Best thing you can do is get yourself a copter licence and fly the real thing.

So I guess no one should mod their cars past spec in order do legal drag racing, just in case someone in the middle of the city finds out and decides to copy the mods and break "every rule that exists" .

Modded p3 = $1800
Vrs
Helicopter licence = $75,000
Small Helicopter = $250,000
Chance of being killed = %70

Come on man, get real.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member