Camera will not bind after replacing controller

Reaction score
Camera will not bind after replacing controller

So, it all started when I convinced myself that the Stage 2 mods offered by FPVLR were a great idea.
I ordered two of them for my 2 Phantom 2 Vision + V3.0 drones.

9 hours later, after following all of the tutorials on how to install these antennae upgrades I had two non working controllers and no way to fly either of my drones. Frustration doesn't even BEGIN to describe my mood after that waste of $340 and 12 hours of my time. I had a large pile of useless controller parts with holes drilled all over them, etc...

So, I coughed up the $400 for new controllers and wifi repeaters and they arrived today. it is now 11 hours later and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to bind the cameras to the wifi repeater and get these things working.

The controllers will fly and control both drones perfectly, the wifi repeaters will both put out a SSID that I can connect to, but neither controller will connect to my PT2 assistant app on my iMac like the other ones did perfectly, and whenever I go through the binding instructions for the cameras, it looks like it works but then the wifi disappears and will not return until I reset the wifi range extender. "phantom connection broken" is seared into my retinas.

The QR code cannot be scanned by my iPhone 6 plus so I am entering the Mac address on the bottom of the drone as instructed to bind the camera. It will not bind, no matter what order I do it in, no matter how many times I try, no matter which mac I use or which iPhone or ipad I use and no matter how frustrated I get. The drones will fly fine, but the camera just WILL NOT BIND..

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong, or knows whether I am supposed to enter some other mysterious Mac address for the camera that is not printed on the drone or the packaging, please let me know.

iMac using latest version of P2P assistant software

Phantom P2V+

new controller

new wifi repeater

all firmwares updated to the latest

When I had to do this when replacing the camera the QR code was on the replacement camera's box. The original QR code is supposed to be on the original Phantom box. I haven't heard that it was on the quadcopter.

I also had a Galaxy Tab that couldn't scan the QR code at all but my Android phone did it easily. Once binded, (bound?) either display worked fine.

Geo

If ya don't have the QR code from the box which I didn't awhile back from changing cameras Geo and Stephen just send
DJI Help an e mail with the Bird's serial # and ask for a QR code and I got mine back in 24 hour's .
That code on the bottom of a + is hard to read from what I've read in here .
I have also had problems reading those codes and just switched phones or where I was trying to do it and they took .
I also would have asked this here before spending that extra money bro !!
Just about anything can be worked out here !!

Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
problem solved, I don't know how, but solved.
I took it to a less wifi congested area and they binded immediately. In the middle of downtown Atlanta, the same procedure did not work after about 30 tries.

Reactions: dirkclod
I had a similar problem and the whole freaking time it was because I didn't have the little cable that plugs into the camera 100% seated properly ... just a tiny little bit not pushed in.

I had a similar problem and the whole freaking time it was because I didn't have the little cable that plugs into the camera 100% seated properly ... just a tiny little bit not pushed in.
Yep ya have to hear it click !! Always be sure and not have any power on though when ya mess around that or ya might brick ya camera !! :eek:

turns out that it was electrical interference or something. I walked outside my house about 20 feet and tried it. worked first time.
By the way, Tony at FPVLR repaired my controllers and installed the mod for me for almost nothing and sent it all back to me. He was very good to me even after I screwed up the install badly..:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic