Camera tilt too fast? A partial solution.

Reaction score
We've been moaning about the **** camera tilt control (in DJI manual, it's called "pitch control"), and how jerky and too fast it moves the camera, and we've wondered why there is no way to calibrate it to our liking....

I did a little experiment today, using the "Accelerometer Sensor Mode" option to control the tilt by moving my iPhone instead of the little tilt control on the screen (see page 49 of P2V+ manual), and by god, it works! You can make the camera tilt (pitch in DJIspeak) very slow up or down using that mode. It's not very easy, as you have to move the iPhone really slowly, but it works!

I'll post a little video later to demonstrate. I tested without the Phantom flying, but just sitting on a table.

SO.... it appears the gimbal is quite capable of tilting very slowly. Perhaps some kind of simple software update? I wonder if this is actually more an issue with the phone App than the gimbal controls.

your mileage may vary
d86

Yes, I have been using the iPhone accelerometer tilt control to try to control my up/down pitch and it does take a little practice and steady hands to make it smooth.
It's easier to control instead of taking your thumbs off the sticks IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4