Camera settings not working at all after gimbal replacement

Reaction score
got Phantom 4 pro back from DJI Drone Service. Gimbal needed replacement. I had completely lost image transmission on the drone. When I went to check the drone out, I got the drone and controller back in sync, and had the live image on screen. However, I have no camera or video functioning at all. All of the settings across the top right say NA. I cannot switch from still to video either. The drone is just a flying toy at this point. I can't get an answer back from DJI Drone service, and DJI support just says to update firmware. Firmware is current, Two other things, the drone is blinking red and green on the light that is used for linking the craft to controller. And in the aircraft status menu, it says that the gimbal is disconnected, even though it is working....aircraft fly's fine, it is just the camera....any help would be most appreciated.

Sounds like a ribbon failure. Could just be a bad connection if you feel confident enough to open and check. Been there.
Check all the lock tabs holding the cables tight.
Good luck

I have seen this a lot while repairing cameras. See if you have gimbal disconnect error. This is caused by inconsistent firmware. In other words you need to use DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware. You can also do this in the app. You have to get out of the G4 app totally and the restart it. It will check the firmware and tell you that it is inconsistent. At this point you slide the bar over and it will fix it.
the firmware on the camera and the firmware on the drone don't match...

Reactions: Capt KO
Ted, thanks again for your knowledge. Another useful insight for my DIY repair manual. Stay well ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers